DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panoramic mode not as good as doing it manually or with Litchi

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure it's the AC firmware that does all the stitching and not the app. If it were the app, the app would have to download all the images over the air which could take quite some time, do the stitching, then upload the composite back to the AC so that it's on the AC SD card.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure it's the AC firmware that does all the stitching and not the app. If it were the app, the app would have to download all the images over the air which could take quite some time, do the stitching, then upload the composite back to the AC so that it's on the AC SD card.
Don't think so, otherwise a composite would be on the SD card.

But I'm not doing stitching with the drone or its software I'm doing stitching from the individual files they captured which presently is either my choice of a DNG file that isn't correctly rendered (top left corner of a different color/appearance), or jpeg that are fine thru the whole frame but only 3 megapixel (coincidently the same area of coverage as the messed up corner on the dng files)

They responded back thinking that maybe auto white balance was the issue. But course I had manually set the WB, but I went ahead and tested in both auto and manual in all three pano mode. The problem persists.

Dear Karl,

Sorry for the confusion.

After I communicated with our senior engineer. We found out that the problem might be caused due to the White Balance.

Please try to switch the Auto White Balance to Manually adjust the white balance to see if it fixed.

Thank you so much for your patient explanation. Hope we work this out together.
Thank you for choosing DJI product.

I let them know.

I also let them know that conincidently the affected area is a perfect crop to the size of the reduced jpeg (3 megapixels) so in theory there is some kind of processing done to both, but on the DNG side, it's only processing the dimension that the smaller jpeg copies.

Here you can see the smaller jpeg copy the pano mode produces fitting right inside the affected area right up to the pixel where the color changes on the DNG.

DJI_0003.jpg

@karlblessing very strange. I'll take my MM2 out today and shoot some panos saving the DNGs and see what I get.
Be sure to preview the DNG in adobe camera raw, otherwise you might only see the embeded jpeg preview.

It also makes me wonder if it's a true raw file or not, because technically there shouldn't be any separate "processing" to raw data that would make it look identical to the jpeg color in some portions.

Last edited:
Hi, first time poster, new member,

I too get this same 1/4 at the top left of the CameraRAW process from DNGs captured during an automatic 360 preset on the DJI Mini, issue.

This issue is not present in the DNG's if I acquire the photos needed to generate a 360 manually. Nor are the JPEGs 1/4 the resolution either when manually doing it.
Only from the Auto Pano preset. A bit of a disappointment, but like the hundred manually captured 360s I have done before, I guess I can just continue that way until DJI understands and then fixes it. Also be nice if we can be given some fine tuning on just how the automatic 360 will do its job.

Same Problem here. It appears that Adobe Camera Raw misinterpreted the EXIF Data of the DNG´s
Here same pic, left Aurora right Lightroom.1605895642043.png

Same Problem here. It appears that Adobe Camera Raw misinterpreted the EXIF Data of the DNG´s
Here same pic, left Aurora right Lightroom.View attachment 117549
Is Aurora actually looking at the DNG raw data, or just the embeded Jpeg Preview?

Because that top/left square is basically identical to the included jpeg file.

Is Aurora actually looking at the DNG raw data, or just the embeded Jpeg Preview?

Because that top/left square is basically identical to the included jpeg file.
The DNG for sure. Its not on the Embeddet jpg, cause also Windows Fotoviewer an IR Fan dont show this, I know from someone who use Luminar, no Problem no Artifact. Only LR and PS do this to this pic. It is on every singgle DNG File, but only the DNG´s from the Panorama automatic.

The DNG for sure. Its not on the Embeddet jpg, cause also Windows Fotoviewer an IR Fan dont show this, I know from someone who use Luminar, no Problem no Artifact. Only LR and PS do this to this pic. It is on every singgle DNG File, but only the DNG´s from the Panorama automatic.
And why only Panoramic mode (and coincidently the exact area of coverage as the smaller jpeg file?)

IrfanView 64 is definitely showing a jpeg preview btw

1605912484888.png

And why only Panoramic mode (and coincidently the exact area of coverage as the smaller jpeg file?)

IrfanView 64 is definitely showing a jpeg preview btw.
How should i know this, i dont work at DJI or Adobe, the JPG dont show this Problem?

How should i know this, i dont work at DJI or Adobe, the JPG dont show this Problem?
The Jpeg doesn't show the problem, but the Jpeg is only 3 Megapixels, the DNG raw file is 12 megapixels. The Jpeg fits perfectly into the affected corner.

When opening the DNG file in IrfanView you'll see it's showing 3 megapixels, hence it's only showing a jpeg preview. I imagine if you did the same with Aurora then you're not seeing the actual raw data til you try to go process it.

Oh, man is my english this bad?
Look: he Problem is only in Lightroom ok? Other Raw converters working fine. The Problem is not shown up in Irfan or in Windows when you open the File. The Problem is not shown in Luminar. And only at Panoshots. Her a Singleshot DNG from the same day :

I dont know whats the problem, seems to be a fault with camera raw

Attachments

• 1605913120059.png
    1605913120059.png
    2 MB · Views: 10

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143