DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 course and test

In person or online Part 107 Course

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone taken the part 107 course online? If so, what are your thoughts?

The only people who can take (and get credit for) the ONLINE Part 107 are Current Part 61 (pilots) holders.

The online course is beyond simple because it doesn't deal with weather, airspace, airports etc. Those things Part 61 pilots already know and get tested for. It only deals with actual DRONE/sUAS questions and it's simple as pie.

Reactions: Ds67888
My bad I was talking about the actual TEST not a Study Course....

Some people need "In-Person" training while others are much better at self study.

Last edited:
Gleim aviation has an excellent 107 test prep(online) for $54.95. I used it to pass the first time, and used their UGR prep $39.99 to pass my recurrent. There are also numerous free guides floating around. Doing 107 test prep in a classroom setting will be a lot more expensive. Do it on your own.

Try looking at Udemy.com, I prepped for the test using their courses. I passed on my first try. The courses I took are "Airspace and charts for 107 remote pilots" and "UAS/Drone remote pilot test prep". Both are thought by Greg Reverdiau and he is an excellent instructor. The courses are reasonably priced and occasionally on sale. Good luck!
Has anyone taken the part 107 course online? If so, what are your thoughts?

Reactions: BigAl07
I bought a book from Amazon, for around $15. It included 5 online practice tests. I read the book, took the tests, each time doing better. Then I went and took the real test and did even better. It just takes a little effort on your part to get it.

Try looking at Udemy.com, I prepped for the test using their courses. I passed on my first try. The courses I took are "Airspace and charts for 107 remote pilots" and "UAS/Drone remote pilot test prep". Both are thought by Greg Reverdiau and he is an excellent instructor. The courses are reasonably priced and occasionally on sale. Good luck!
I am taknig it and it's excellent. They are running a sales now, i think it's about $14. You can use it forever and use it for re-cert also. great deal!

you wanna shoot us a link to that amazon book?
@jpzend125 is this the course you took? UAS/Drone Remote Pilot Test Prep for Part 107 (Init & Recur)
No, it was this one (I used the 2018 version, but this is for the 2019):

Reactions: spicciani2
No, it was this one (I used the 2018 version, but this is for the 2019):

Cool I've gone ahead and purchased it.

Or.... One could study FAA-G-8082-22 (free)

All questions are supposed to be in this document.

I myself bought "Prepware Remote Pilot (iOS)" for $4.99
Its GUI is like the real thing and gets one used to the format.
When I consistently passed at 90% or better, I took the test at the testing center, and passed.
It took about 30 days for the Certification ID card to get to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000