DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 graduate!

Foley909

Reactions
I passed the 107 this morning with an 87! It was more difficult than I anticipated and I’m definitely happy it's over with...at least for the next 24 months!! Thanks to Greg from Pilot Institute for guiding me through with his great classes. Overall, for those going to take it, know the overall theory behind the literature and DO NOT simply memorize the online questions. The actual test questions and answers are worded differently than those in practice tests (not all but most)...some are obvious while others simply required common sense. Good luck and safe flying!

I passed the 107 this morning with an 87! It was more difficult than I anticipated and I’m definitely happy it's over with...at least for the next 24 months!! Thanks to Greg from Pilot Institute for guiding me through with his great classes. Overall, for those going to take it, know the overall theory behind the literature and DO NOT simply memorize the online questions. The actual test questions and answers are worded differently than those in practice tests (not all but most)...some are obvious while others simply required common sense. Good luck and safe flying!
Congrats, well done!

Reactions: MA2 317

Major congratulations..!

I started studying for my 107 but have since become a little side-tracked with work and various projects (and illness too)... I can't wait to get back to it, and I'm actually looking at my brief hiatus as a positive thing, this way I will be able to see how much I actually retained out of what I already 'learned'..!

I am curious though (especially since you just took it), is a LOT of it based on the FAA VFR sectional charts, and weather/metar/taf? I have been hearing that a LOT of the test is based on the VFR sectional charts, and weather; and of course you actually have to read and fully understand the questions because there are a LOT of "trick questions"... (Which I kind of expect, kind of like how my drivers license test was [way back in the day])... ... ... So, I am trying to actually learn the material, and looking forward to taking my time during testing and not providing an answer until I'm 100% sure I've properly interpreted the question (looking out for those "trick questions")..!

Any way and at any rate, have fun conducting your Part 107 operations !!!

Reactions: MA2 317

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum