DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part behind gimbal broke, can I fix it myself?

What is CNC?
CNC router (Or Computer Numerical Control router) is a computer-controlled cutting machine related to the hand held router used for cutting various hard materials, such as wood, composites, aluminium, steel, plastics, and foams.

just checked mine and it is also broken, bugga

Wow, this piece must be really weak. I broke this as well. Has anyone successfully fixed without sending to DJI?

See my post #43 above I am waiting for the part to arrive

I found these very useful FixaCrash

great, thanks. I'll take a look.
Do you remember what kind of error messages you got when you turned on the Mavic while the piece was broken?
I had something like 'gimbal overheated' and the gimbal was occasionally moving around frantically, so I turned it off not to cause further damage.

I am asking to see if I can assess whether there is more damage to the drone than just the broken L bracket.

I did not get an error message I just noticed the front gimbal plate was slightly lifted and knew something was not right, so I replace the gimbal plate and the L shaped part was on that plate, Take your time and do it slowly

I just remembered that the horizon was not straight so that is now fixed.

after the fix

Reactions: inca
I decided to send mine in for repair. The total cost was $210...... but I'm still waiting. Going on 3 weeks now

I broke the same piece in a crash. For $311 as someone said I guess it pays to get a new Mavic for $79 under refresh! I wonder how long it will take them to get a new unit to me?

welcome to the site kiteboarder, I did not take the DJI option because of their policy of maybe sending me a refurbished unit NOT a brand new unit, I believe it is still their policy and at their option to chose whether to replace with a new or refurbished unit.

welcome to the site kiteboarder, I did not take the DJI option because of their policy of maybe sending me a refurbished unit NOT a brand new unit, I believe it is still their policy and at their option to chose whether to replace with a new or refurbished unit.

Thank you welcoming me. Would you still choose to have your Mavic repaired for $311 as opposed to $79 for a refurbished unit? My assumption, which may be wrong is that a refurbished unit is as good as a new one. I also am wondering if DJI will reveal if it's a new or used unit?

Thank you welcoming me. Would you still choose to have your Mavic repaired for $311 as opposed to $79 for a refurbished unit? My assumption, which may be wrong is that a refurbished unit is as good as a new one. I also am wondering if DJI will reveal if it's a new or used unit?

I would think you are correct but I did choose to go the other way and keep my original Mavic, then I will always know its history, I recently had to replace the gimbal plate for about $20 US instead of paying about $300 for the repair, if there is anything I cannot fix I will take it to my local drone shop for repair and I still get to keep my original Mavic, but that is just my opinion, my crash was my own fault, pressed RTH and did not realize there were some tree branches above my Mavic.

Pleased that you are happy with your choice.

BTW your name (kiteboarder) suggests you are into kite boarding, you would sure get some good footage from that sport.

I don't think that DJI would reveal if the unit is refurbished or new, but then I could be wrong.

Again, thank you for your input. I am now anticipating what they will tell me. I'm new to all of this as the Mavic is my first drone. The crash I had was strange! I attempted to fly it in wifi mode and lost both sticks on my iPhone screen with it hovering 4 feet above the ground. Tried to think what to do and kept hitting the screen thinking the sticks would reappear. I must have accidentally hit rth and it shot straight up and hit a tree. I guess I could have tried to grab it and try to shut off the battery but I was too nervous to try that! Anyway I am really enjoying the drone and hope to use it for kiteboarding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada