DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed Transport Canada Basic Operations Exam

jbeausol

Reactions
Passed the Transport Canada Basic Operations Exam this morning. I found it was not that difficult, or maybe I was well prepared possibly. Went to documentation for very few questions. Missed 3 questions, and two of them had similar answers, and doh, I chose the wrong one.

Got my new Mavic Air 2 from DJI on Monday.... all is well. Except it is a Christmas gift from my wife and I have to wait 23 more days to officially open it. Will need to work on her to have her let me open it sooner... haha!!

Cheers!!

congratulations

Reactions: jbeausol
Passed the Transport Canada Basic Operations Exam this morning. I found it was not that difficult, or maybe I was well prepared possibly. Went to documentation for very few questions. Missed 3 questions, and two of them had similar answers, and doh, I chose the wrong one.

Got my new Mavic Air 2 from DJI on Monday.... all is well. Except it is a Christmas gift from my wife and I have to wait 23 more days to officially open it. Will need to work on her to have her let me open it sooner... haha!!

Cheers!!
Congratulations on becoming a legit pilot. The best way to get around this obstacle is to let her know how much you appreciate her and she can also open one present early as well. If that does not work, whine like a child, she will give in;)

Congrats on the license and new Mavic Air!

I bought the Mavic Mini from Amazon and it came with a free online drone basic pilot course through Coastal Drone. Figured it couldn't hurt to learn a few things so I did the course, then after thought what the heck...might as well take the exam. Spent 5 bucks and to my pleasant surprise I managed to pass. So now I can upgrade to a bigger drone! Just have to convince the wife...

Reactions: earth3rd
Congrats on the license and new Mavic Air!

I bought the Mavic Mini from Amazon and it came with a free online drone basic pilot course through Coastal Drone. Figured it couldn't hurt to learn a few things so I did the course, then after thought what the heck...might as well take the exam. Spent 5 bucks and to my pleasant surprise I managed to pass. So now I can upgrade to a bigger drone! Just have to convince the wife...
Congrats on passing the exam also. I bought the Flight Ready Drone Ground School for my tablet for $29.99. Great buy. When I did the exam I barely went to any documentation to find answers. Guess I was better prepared that I thought, or I got easier questions. Now I can't wait to get a chance to fly the drone, although the next couple of months will be tough with our Canadian weather... it'll give me chance to study and view videos on everything about the Mavic Air 2, to be better prepared.

Congrats on passing the exam also. I bought the Flight Ready Drone Ground School for my tablet for $29.99. Great buy. When I did the exam I barely went to any documentation to find answers. Guess I was better prepared that I thought, or I got easier questions. Now I can't wait to get a chance to fly the drone, although the next couple of months will be tough with our Canadian weather... it'll give me chance to study and view videos on everything about the Mavic Air 2, to be better prepared.
I watched a few videos from Canadian youtube guys that gave a lot of pointers about what to expect on the test. Some pretty obscure stuff that has very little if anything to do with basic drone flight. I really didn't expect to pass, I just took the course and watched the videos. The old brain must still have some memory space left lol.

I can relate to the winter thing, tough to fly with frozen fingers, and the footage here this time of year is just so blah with everything grey and frozen. I've done a few flights so far in the cold, I really want to build some confidence before I try anything like flying over water or other places where recovery would be difficult or impossible. I think I've watched every single crash video on youtube so I know what not to do!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000