DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Password protection to Mavic 2 zoom / pro?

First I’ve heard that it was coming for the zoom and pro. If that is the case then it will be most welcomed.

What makes you think it's something that's going to be added? DJI has never had such a feature for any of their products.

Mavic 2 Enterprise has it.
It's only to protect the onboard SD card contents.
LE or similar agencies use this to protect sensitive images/footage taken.

I doubt it will ever come to the 'normal' Mavics.

Reactions: Kilrah
Ah, interesting.

But yeah, very unlikely it would be carried over to the "consumer" version, just like a bunch of "consumer" features are absent from the Enterprise version.

Hi. I just started using a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. Am I to understand that the drone has no password protection?

What about the Smart Controller? I'm not familiar with Android, but I've looked hard for any screen locking password settings.

It's hard to imagine a thief not just getting your unlocked equipment, but also access to flight logs, video, GPS history, etc.

I definitely want to lock this down before going on trips with it. What are most people doing to protect their equipment and data? Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
The SDK was just barely released, look for some security apps this summer for the SC if they arent already there

I thought the controller and drone were paired using a locally downloaded DJI Assistant. Wonder if a new computer could access?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erechtus