DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pattern noise Mavic 2 Zoom

mastix

Reactions
Hello: I am a little concerned about pattern noise I have detected on my new mavic 2 zoom and would like an opinion if it is also happening to you?

I see this specific type of noise in photos specially on sky when I use the Dehaze slider(Photoshop CC) with DNG images. I let you see some images so you can see if this is a normal behavior for the tiny mavic 2 zoom sensor. In my 20 years+ as a photographer I have never seen anything like this noise pattern on any of my cameras. Is this normal in the Mavic or should I send it to DJI. This are DNG images with Dehaze +100 so it becomes really apparent. I know this is extreme but it also shows up with +30 a setting I use often with my landscape photos Phantom 4 pro panasonic Gh5 Canon 5D MK III and noise is random not like these lines
image 1
image 2
image 3
Thanks for your opinion
Cristian

My opinion is they're beautiful images. I must not have the discerning eye.

Hello: I am a little concerned about pattern noise I have detected on my new mavic 2 zoom and would like an opinion if it is also happening to you?

I see this specific type of noise in photos specially on sky when I use the Dehaze slider(Photoshop CC) with DNG images. I let you see some images so you can see if this is a normal behavior for the tiny mavic 2 zoom sensor. In my 20 years+ as a photographer I have never seen anything like this noise pattern on any of my cameras. Is this normal in the Mavic or should I send it to DJI. This are DNG images with Dehaze +100 so it becomes really apparent. I know this is extreme but it also shows up with +30 a setting I use often with my landscape photos Phantom 4 pro panasonic Gh5 Canon 5D MK III and noise is random not like these lines
image 1
image 2
image 3
Thanks for your opinion
Cristian
When I zoom to 100%, the sky does seem to fall apart. It is harder to detect on the other portions of the images.

On the phone it is difficult to see. Share 200% zoom photoshop screen fragment. Is it a banding pattern ?
Overall, zoom is not a good photo platform, it is best for 1080p30 video mode, with it great digital zoom. For proper photos m2p works way better and its sensor does not noise in shadows.

Hi did you ever solved this or know what the problem was? As i think i have the same issue with my Zoom

Something is not right : This is not normal
Was there any editing that you applied to the picture ?

PATTERN NOISE.png

image 1
image 2
image 3
Thanks for your opinion
Cristian
if those were from DNG and you made sure to set on drone image params to 0:0:0 - no alterations at all, then, no, it is not normal.
here is my noise pattern from 200% DNG, no edits, only a curve to drop down exposure to show noise better.
1574100570248.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeol