DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Modell of the Mavic 2 Zoom gimbal for printing & ribbon cable

mikeyway

Reactions
Finaly have some time to fix up my old mavic 2 zoom. This one will not be used in a production enviroment so I'm fine with using 3D printed parts. The problem: I don't know where to get them and my modeling skills stop at creating primitives. Can someone point me towards a place I might be able to find them?
I also need a ribbon connector which goes through the opposite arm then the main cable. Which part number do I need to look up.
Photos attached, lens seems fine and I want to see how much the 3D parts are able to withstand. I see no reason why they should not be able to handle the camera assembly.

Attachments

• front gimbal.jpeg
    front gimbal.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 12
  • lens.jpeg
    lens.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 12
  • overview.jpeg
    overview.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: NoBozos
Just to clarify: I don't need the one that goes from the gimbal logic board to the drone, but the one that goes to the motor in the gimbal. If that's the one then you're on point. It just looks a bit big in the picture. Maybe he just has small hands.
Sadly the sites just have covers. I'm looking around and maybe getting a full 3D modell and cutting away the geometry I don't need.

I'm looking around and maybe getting a full 3D model
That likely doesn't exist. Printing a functioning/reliable component like this on a 3D printer is probably not possible.

I am surely missing something!
Why on earth would you Print parts for a dji drone, When you can easily purchase replacements?
Drone parts can be purchased online.

Yes I can but don't want to. Shippping, production and packaging would be saved. I use a e-sun resin that I'm sure will be ablte to handle the load. With SLA it's also accurate enough so all the screws still line up. Since all screws go through and not into the holding arm there's no need for tapping.
It's not production equipment so I'm fine if it fails. Then I'll just print a new one
But first I need to get that **** controller to pair.
;)

Reactions: Cafguy
I got you- I am thinking of purchasing a 3-D printer to make go-pro mounts.
I have and can use AutoCad with no problem but not a 3-D printer yet. Hope you find your source If you do please let us Know thanx.

I am thinking of purchasing a 3-D printer to make go-pro mounts
The Bambu Lab P1P would be a good choice if you don't need an enclosed printer (to print filaments like ABS) and want to spend more time printing than fixing/troubleshooting your 3D printer. Or get the P1S if it needs to be enclosed.

• Love
Reactions: Cafguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne