DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Payload release.

bjack76

Reactions
Greetings, I am looking for a reliable release device (servo) for my MP. I have looked around but have not found very many encouraging reviews for most of the products. I will be designing a box to make 4 trips to spread my step fathers ashes so the release device and proper function is crucial. I'm thinking about using a servo, receiver and power supply from my r/c airplane but would prefer to buy a quality commercial product on your recommendations. Thank you

Greetings, I am looking for a reliable release device (servo) for my MP. I have looked around but have not found very many encouraging reviews for most of the products. I will be designing a box to make 4 trips to spread my step fathers ashes so the release device and proper function is crucial. I'm thinking about using a servo, receiver and power supply from my r/c airplane but would prefer to buy a quality commercial product on your recommendations. Thank you

The search for words are < mavic pro thrower >, here's an example on ebay:

These have you program the front leg lights go a aux button on your remote. When the light goes ON, the thrower device releases. I guess they were named "thrower" as fishing folk sometime use them to carry out their bait and line much further than they could cast them.

Reactions: bjack76
Thanks for the reply. I went with the Gannet. I saw some good reviews and the placement seems better for releasing the trap door on the ash box.

Reactions: Cw4bray and Capt KO

Hello, There are some great ideas above, I have also attched my home made 3D printed release system that does not require any servos. It works well. Regards Peter

Gannet also have a flower release that presumably could be used for ashes as well

I saw that. I am making something a little less conspicuous for the filming though.
Hello, There are some great ideas above, I have also attched my home made 3D printed release system that does not require any servos. It works well. Regards Peter

I would use something like that for fishing. But for filming the release of ashes I prefer not to be constrained by random flight patterns.

That looks great! I could not use that for an ash scattering though. With the shoot, wind, and flight pattern I have in mind, It is extremely likely to prematurely deploy.

A few practice runs.. Still tinkering with wood ash and sand, but mostly just learning to use the prevailing wind better at this point. The system I created for my Mavic pro was simple, cheap, reliable and safe. I will make a how-to video soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1