DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Peru

Hey, where do you have to self-declare it?
Is it just when you are landing in Peru before to arrive to the X-Ray control, or do you have to do it on the internet before the trip?

When you land in the airport. Just pass by customs

My mavic was really puchased for $739 on ebay. and since it's used it's value is even less than that.

Customs forms are before the X-ray machines just by luggage claim areas. They would be more than helpful to assist you if you self declare it. Tax is 18%. For magic i paid 180 deposit and got it afterwards when i left.

Where did u get your deposit back?
Someone said you cannot get to the custom desk at which your deposit is charged

Where did u get your deposit back?
Someone said you cannot get to the custom desk at which your deposit is charged
I entered thru Lima and exited at the same airport. But the customs officer said you can get it if you are exiting thru Puno or Cusco as well. Its just a piece of paper basically that shows your deposit, drone serial etc and shoupd be honored for refund if u exited any other major city.

Thanks. I plan to join local tours in Cusco. May I know is it legal to fly a drone in Cusco, Sacsayhuaman, Basilica Catedral, Qorikancha, Moray, Maras Salt mines and Ollantaytambo?
In case if I fly my drone, does the custom declaration document function as a drone fly approval document? ( Custom declaration document = Drone fly approval?)
I know I cannot fly a drone at Machu Picchu

Last edited:
Thanks. I plan to join local tours in Cusco. May I know is it legal to fly a drone in Cusco, Sacsayhuaman, Basilica Catedral, Qorikancha, Moray, Maras Salt mines and Ollantaytambo?
In case if I fly my drone, does the custom declaration document function as a drone fly approval document? ( Custom declaration document = Drone fly approval?)
I know I cannot fly a drone at Machu Picchu

was there last july. you cant fly in any of the ruins. moray, salt mines, ollantaytambo a big no. they have signage of no drones allowed. I was able to fly in rainbow mountain, lake Titicaca, lima
we tried flying in salt mines but was quickly told by locals not to

Reactions: yiuhoichan
My mavic was switched on tour DJI. He now has a new serial number.

Could I have a problem?

I just have the e-mails saying they changed the serial. I have no formal documentation on this.

This is absurd. It's just a freaking camera that the ability to fly and take photos. These anti-drone regulations are sickening
It has nothing to do with being a drone. It's the dollar value. You simply have to declare items over $1000. I declared the Mavic separate from the remote and had no problem in Peru.

UP !
Sorry to relaunch this post but it was the most complete about customs in Peru. And no newer thread since...

Quick questions :
1) the 180$ VAT... it can sound idiot but I come from Europe, do they accept euros for deposit ? Or credit card paid deposit ? I won’t have USD... and exchange rate In airport are bad (or closed...)
2) I heard it can be hard to find the place to get back the deposit, as it is in the customs side on the arrival floor, and once exited, can’t reach it on your day of departure... any tips or advices?

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR