DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PGYTech - Mavic Air 2 Landing Gear Extensions

I haven't seen these posted yet so I figured I'd share a few pictures. On the B&HPhoto website they list these as aluminum when they are actually just molded plastic. They fit nicely, seem very sturdy and add 1.4 inches of clearance to the bottom of the quad. The rear props are now 2.75 inches above the ground and the front props are 4 inches above the ground.
use these al the time especially in long grass and when an Anamorphic lens is fitted as this has a tendency to drag on the ground when calibrating.. they do the job well.

use these al the time especially in long grass and when an Anamorphic lens is fitted as this has a tendency to drag on the ground when calibrating.. they do the job well.
What are your thoughts on the Anamorphic lens? After reading what was necessary to install it, and how it would go limp in flight, and required removal every times just to change batteries, I sent it back!

It really does depend on what you are photographing. Installation is straightforward if a little nerve-racking when you first carry out the installation. Once you get over the initial fear it only takes less than two minutes to install and even less to remove. The problems experienced in flight I have not experienced so far. but what I do know is that the weight on the front part of the gimbal is countered by a weight at the rear. If you are using it then you will most certainly need the extension legs just on the off chance you have the problems you mentioned as the front will point at the ground. When you land the lens contacts first and will more than likely strain or damage the gimbal. Mine does not have any batteries to change as it is a passive lens I am not sure what you are referring to there. I am assuming it is a mavic 2 Pro? the lens I use is from these guys
and yes some of the horror stories are true

Last edited:
It really does depend on what you are photographing. Installation is straightforward if a little nerve-racking when you first carry out the installation. Once you get over the initial fear it only takes less than two minutes to install and even less to remove. The problems experienced in flight I have not experienced so far. but what I do know is that the weight on the front part of the gimbal is countered by a weight at the rear. If you are using it then you will most certainly need the extension legs just on the off chance you have the problems you mentioned as the front will point at the ground. When you land the lens contacts first and will more than likely strain or damage the gimbal. Mine does not have any batteries to change as it is a passive lens I am not sure what you are referring to there. I am assuming it is a mavic 2 Pro? the lens I use is from these guys
and yes some of the horror stories are true
Yes, we are talking about the same lens for the same drone. The battery change is of the M2 battery. You can't just leave the anamorphic lens permanently attached. You have to uninstall it upon landing, and reinstall it on a live gimbal before every single flight, wasting 2 minutes of precious battery life, as the drone cannot be properly powered up with the anamorphic lens already mounted. There is also significant additional work required in post to make use of the anamorphic footage. None of these issues are fully disclosed until you receive the lens, and then Moment's draconian return process almost guarantees you can't get a refund, when you discover the horror of your purchase!

Do the results justify the risks and hassle of using it? DJI certainly won't cover your gimbal when the Moment anamorphic lens ruins it!

Yes, we are talking about the same lens for the same drone. The battery change is of the M2 battery. You can't just leave the anamorphic lens permanently attached. You have to uninstall it upon landing, and reinstall it on a live gimbal before every single flight, wasting 2 minutes of precious battery life, as the drone cannot be properly powered up with the anamorphic lens already mounted. There is also significant additional work required in post to make use of the anamorphic footage. None of these issues are fully disclosed until you receive the lens, and then Moment's draconian return process almost guarantees you can't get a refund, when you discover the horror of your purchase!

Do the results justify the risks and hassle of using it? DJI certainly won't cover your gimbal when the Moment anamorphic lens ruins it!
i am very careful how and when I use it and especially for how long. Certainly from what people here are saying the risk may not be worth taking but in moderation and with some planning it might just be.

i am very careful how and when I use it and especially for how long. Certainly from what people here are saying the risk may not be worth taking but in moderation and with some planning it might just be.
It was a clever adaptation based upon their anamorphic lenses for iPhones, but not practical for real world use on an M2P. They claim DJI "worked with them" on the design. Not believing it for a minute!

couldn't agree more as a lot of what manufacturers say has to be taken with a pinch of salt
In this case, it was complete lack of disclosure prior to receipt. Only upon receiving the anamorphic lens do you learn of all the previously undisclosed issues, that, had they been disclosed prior to purchase, would discourage almost everyone from purchasing. The difficulty of returning it is why most end up stuck with it! Only by filing for a return within 48 hours of receipt was I able to comply with their draconian return requirements. Had I waited the claimed 30 days, not only would I have not received a refund, they would have kept my RMA return as a "gift" according to their refund policy! :rolleyes: Crooks is a better way of describing these charlatans! Buyer beware!

I am sure 'Gift' is not a legal term in this definition under any circumstances as it is not a legal term involving a transition with a refund or guarantee? It would be tantamount to theft in the UK..

I am sure 'Gift' is not a legal term in this definition under any circumstances as it is not a legal term involving a transition with a refund or guarantee? It would be tantamount to theft in the UK..
Here, too! However that is what their terms of service state on how to return it. If it arrives more than 30 days after purchase, they will not return it to you, and won't refund it either.You also must wait to receive and use their shipping label and use their chosen slowest method of shipping to ensure they won't receive it in time! They also wait some 5 days before even responding to requests for refund, and then waste more time ignoring the request, asking how they can help! Real con men!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR