DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dsmith76

Reactions
I just bought and tested some PGYTECH prop guards and they work quite well. I do aerial videos for realtors in the northern suburbs of Chicago, and recently they have asked me to also do interior video. I don't have a photography background, but I am finding the Mavic2 works pretty well for interior videos.
I checked out various forums, and followed recommendations for settings: Set the RTH to hover since RTH is not needed and you don't want it to be activated by mistake; disable low battery RTH for same reason; disable obstacle avoidance--otherwise you cannot maneuver as close to objects as you will need to; no need for ND filter. As far as camera settings, I used 30 fps and you need to learn how to pan very slowly. If you try to slow down the video in post it is very jerky. I had the shutter at 1/60, the F-stop at 2.8 and still needed to put ISO at 800 in some cases, but the quality still seems to be fine.

In cases where there are high ceilings or fairly wide spaces I don't hesitate to fly inside now that I know the Mavic2 is very stable--more stable than trying to hold the drone in one hand and the RC in the other. Attached is my latest video--still lots of room for improvement, but the realtor and their client were quite satisfied. All my videos are used for Instagram, so they need to be under 60 seconds. Click the link below to see the video on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the setting

Love the video

Nice vid!
In @IlluminationsfromtheAttic 's nice covered bridge video (Flying under and through a covered bridge!), the discussion included the idea of hand-holding the drone and walking through the bridge to avoid ATTI issues. PolarPro makes a device (Katana | Mavic 2) that allows taking advantage of the camera and gimbal in the drone to obtain photos where the environment might not allow flights.

It looks like most of your interior photos could have been captured with this device rather than taking chances of damaging the drone or property. Cathedral or vaulted ceilings the exception.

Just a thought. I'm thinking of getting one to use at my daughter's wedding where I am hesitant to fly over the folks.

Nice vid!
In @IlluminationsfromtheAttic 's nice covered bridge video (Flying under and through a covered bridge!), the discussion included the idea of hand-holding the drone and walking through the bridge to avoid ATTI issues. PolarPro makes a device (Katana | Mavic 2) that allows taking advantage of the camera and gimbal in the drone to obtain photos where the environment might not allow flights.

It looks like most of your interior photos could have been captured with this device rather than taking chances of damaging the drone or property. Cathedral or vaulted ceilings the exception.

Just a thought. I'm thinking of getting one to use at my daughter's wedding where I am hesitant to fly over the folks.
Thanks, i checked out the Katana and I will probably buy one. It is pretty clumsy to handhold the Mavic2 in one hand and the RC in the other hand. They do make kits for the Mavic2 with landyards that go around the neck. I use A harness with the Phantom 4 Pro which works pretty well too. I agree that it is best to avoid flying indoors whenever there is a better and safer alternative.

Thanks, i checked out the Katana and I will probably buy one. It is pretty clumsy to handhold the Mavic2 in one hand and the RC in the other hand. They do make kits for the Mavic2 with landyards that go around the neck. I use A harness with the Phantom 4 Pro which works pretty well too. I agree that it is best to avoid flying indoors whenever there is a better and safer alternative.
Nice. Well, I checked a little more and found the mount doest hold a Smart Controller. So I will either have to wait for them to come up with one, or buy a standard controller. Oh well...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N