DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PGYTECH sun hood. Okay to leave on permanently?

gd84

Reactions
The pgytech hood fits amazingly.

I have wondered if it is approved for the payload register on the drone. Considering that it’s lighter than the prop guards, I would assume yes.

The second part, is that it does seem to fit within the case provided with the hood on, protecting the gimbal so to speak. Certainly not fool proof, but I would much rather fly with this thing on, having already busted out two gimbals, leading to cable severance

I leave mine on permanently and forgo the gimbal guard, it protects the gimbal well from little knocks in the case etc.

Since putting it on for the first time ai’ve never taken it off. The original gimbal cover pops in an unexpected way and the process is a danger to the gimbal itself.

I use The pgytech hood for all my flights, and always the original gymbal protection for carrying.

The original protector doesn't just protect it from its surroundings, if you look you'll see it holds it in place straight ahead which I assume would protect it from jolts, etc.

The original protector doesn't just protect it from its surroundings, if you look you'll see it holds it in place straight ahead which I assume would protect it from jolts, etc.

Good to hear that!

I will remove it during storage.. already had one broken mini from the gimbal coming loose

I bought one but didnt use it.. afraid that might will cause gimbal overload with a strong winds bouncing around the hood or some resistance with aerodynamics flows?

I tried it but found that the wind effected it adversely. Caused the Mini to make short dives occasionally.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu