DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom Pilot convert.

Cale262

Reactions
I’ve been flying Phantoms for a few years now, making some great videos and having fun. My first DJI drone was the Phantom 3 Pro, I went through a few of those...Crashed my first in Moab Utah a month after buying it, flying backwards to get “The shot”, complete tunnel vision watching my iPad and then it all went blank. Back up a little bit, I’m in my mid ourties and broke my back racing bicycles in 2015, I was in the hospital for about 7 months and left forever confined to my wheel chair (T5 burst injury compete). When I was at home one day a family member sent me a video of drone racing and this reallt peaked my interest. I built a few 250 class racing drones and enjoyed flying them, crashing them and then rebuilding them. It was all fun, the immersive flying with goggles was addictive and allowed me to escape my broken body for a while... 5 minutes at a time...but it didn’t really satisfy my creative side. One day while I out buying some new parts at my local hobby shop (a few times a week) and I started talking to a fellow buying a new P3P, he convinced me and I left the shop with one...back to my first crash, of coarse I was stuck in my chair but my very athletic wife went out, climbed up to the ledge where my smashed P3P lay and 45min later returned with it. There was no “DJI care” but my Visa purchase insurance bought me a new one but I also bought one as I was travelling and didn’t want to waste the flying time around Utah and Arizona. So now I had two P3Ps nd immediately bought the P4 when it came out.

I flew my P4 and had fun but it required assistance from my wife to do the GPS dance as I’m always in my chair and the Phantom is pretty difficult to manage without some help. When the first MAVIC came out I wasn’t really too interested in the first iteration, it wasn’t as stable as the Phantom platform nor did it provide the nice 4K footage I had become used to editing. I wasn’t even paying attention to the Mavic line until a few weeks back when a friend had asked me about the Mavic platform...I didn’t know too much but that lead me down the rabbit hole and through the reviews I think I’ve come to the conclusion the Mavic Pro has come a long ways ice the first. It also really peaked my interest as I’ve become much more independent since I bought my first Phantom. I just made my purchase of the Mavic Pro Alpine combo about an hour ago and I am really excited to take this little bird on its first flight.

I think I’ve droned on enough (yes, pun intended) and I’ll be around.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Cale262
I’ve been flying Phantoms for a few years now, making some great videos and having fun. My first DJI drone was the Phantom 3 Pro, I went through a few of those...Crashed my first in Moab Utah a month after buying it, flying backwards to get “The shot”, complete tunnel vision watching my iPad and then it all went blank. Back up a little bit, I’m in my mid ourties and broke my back racing bicycles in 2015, I was in the hospital for about 7 months and left forever confined to my wheel chair (T5 burst injury compete). When I was at home one day a family member sent me a video of drone racing and this reallt peaked my interest. I built a few 250 class racing drones and enjoyed flying them, crashing them and then rebuilding them. It was all fun, the immersive flying with goggles was addictive and allowed me to escape my broken body for a while... 5 minutes at a time...but it didn’t really satisfy my creative side. One day while I out buying some new parts at my local hobby shop (a few times a week) and I started talking to a fellow buying a new P3P, he convinced me and I left the shop with one...back to my first crash, of coarse I was stuck in my chair but my very athletic wife went out, climbed up to the ledge where my smashed P3P lay and 45min later returned with it. There was no “DJI care” but my Visa purchase insurance bought me a new one but I also bought one as I was travelling and didn’t want to waste the flying time around Utah and Arizona. So now I had two P3Ps nd immediately bought the P4 when it came out.

I flew my P4 and had fun but it required assistance from my wife to do the GPS dance as I’m always in my chair and the Phantom is pretty difficult to manage without some help. When the first MAVIC came out I wasn’t really too interested in the first iteration, it wasn’t as stable as the Phantom platform nor did it provide the nice 4K footage I had become used to editing. I wasn’t even paying attention to the Mavic line until a few weeks back when a friend had asked me about the Mavic platform...I didn’t know too much but that lead me down the rabbit hole and through the reviews I think I’ve come to the conclusion the Mavic Pro has come a long ways ice the first. It also really peaked my interest as I’ve become much more independent since I bought my first Phantom. I just made my purchase of the Mavic Pro Alpine combo about an hour ago and I am really excited to take this little bird on its first flight.

I think I’ve droned on enough (yes, pun intended) and I’ll be around.

Cheers.
Howdy from Wyoming @Cale262, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Thanks guys...Can’t wait for the little bird to show up, I thought it was very wierd that it said delivery time is one day, my P4 took a lot longer...hope that delivery time is correct.

Here’s a short little video from my P4,

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

When did you film the domes? They were supposed to be demolished by now.

Thanks LuvMyTJ... I loved my TJ too, and my JK’s etc :)

Cheers!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

When did you film the domes? They were supposed to be demolished by now.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52