DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone case compatibility with mini 2 controller

RJ Harris

Reactions
Recently purchased a new mini 2 after taking a few years away from the drone world. I have a 13 pro max with a lifeproof and it’s a pain in the butt to take the case off anytime I want to fly Bc it won’t fit in the holder and the wire won’t go in the slot Bc the case is too thick. I’ve been looking at the pelican marine active case but wondering if I’ll experience the same problems. I’m hesitant to get a different case Bc of my line of work and the phone speakers and plug will get filled with saw dust. So I need something that’s going to deliver pretty close to the same results as a lifeproof but also fit on the controller and plug in. Any suggestions?

If you're going to use the thick cases, you may want to research tablet holders, which many will probably accomodate a thick case. But if you're going to be using a standard RCN1 controller without any type of adapter you'll have to remove your phone from the case. The only thing I can think of because of your line of work and sawdust is getting a thinner case and putting that in a zip lock back and maybe getting a short extension adapter that you can seal in the ziplock bag which could poke out of the bag with a female plug in which to insert your speaker cable?

If you're going to use the thick cases, you may want to research tablet holders, which many will probably accomodate a thick case. But if you're going to be using a standard RCN1 controller without any type of adapter you'll have to remove your phone from the case. The only thing I can think of because of your line of work and sawdust is getting a thinner case and putting that in a zip lock back and maybe getting a short extension adapter that you can seal in the ziplock bag which could poke out of the bag with a female plug in which to insert your speaker cable?
I was actually just messing around with it, and idk why I didn’t think of it earlier but the cord that comes with the iPhone is a usb-c and plugs right into the remote. I guess that solves the problem of it fitting in the controller too. I don’t really need it too. I can just set it some where

Recently purchased a new mini 2 after taking a few years away from the drone world. I have a 13 pro max with a lifeproof and it’s a pain in the butt to take the case off anytime I want to fly Bc it won’t fit in the holder and the wire won’t go in the slot Bc the case is too thick. I’ve been looking at the pelican marine active case but wondering if I’ll experience the same problems. I’m hesitant to get a different case Bc of my line of work and the phone speakers and plug will get filled with saw dust. So I need something that’s going to deliver pretty close to the same results as a lifeproof but also fit on the controller and plug in. Any suggestions?
I had a similar problem with both my tablet AND phone. Like you, I’m not gonna take my armor cases off every time I fly the drone. I’ve got an MA2 and the cables from the controller were not long enough and the ends wouldn’t plug in because of the case thickness. Search around
Amazon, that’s where I found both a cable, and an adapter that were just what I needed. The adapter was a little pricey but it does the trick. Search Amazon, you’ll find it. Good luck.

They make a extension so you can leave the case on and the controller will hold it. I just made me one out of soft aluminum.

Good morning Everyone
This has been my work around for iPhone 12 Pro Max it has an otter box with a belt clip the phone in the case won’t fit but you can grab the belt clip and then pop the phone in works great
Ed

Attachments

• 8A40713E-6F3C-4AF1-8824-0332E5C358E4.jpeg
    8A40713E-6F3C-4AF1-8824-0332E5C358E4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • B1D9CF05-71F8-435D-9297-224254C8C0CA.jpeg
    B1D9CF05-71F8-435D-9297-224254C8C0CA.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 10
Good morning Everyone
This has been my work around for iPhone 12 Pro Max it has an otter box with a belt clip the phone in the case won’t fit but you can grab the belt clip and then pop the phone in works great
Ed
Ohhhhh nice ! Never thought of using the phones belt clip, since I NEVER use that thing anyway.
I’ve got a 13 mini in an ultra beetle case ( kinda like an Otter ), my phone fits the controller holder, but just barely.

Or, just buy an old Android phone and dedicate it to the drone.
I used a Google Pixel 3 XL without issue. Should be cheap now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne