DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone help

Brad Collett

Reactions
Which is the Best phone, for the Mavic platinum. My HTC One X10 has video glitches, apart from that it is fine. [emoji41]

I would recommend something like a note 8 or the s9+. They both are large phones capable of over 1000 nits. Most other phones are in the range of 500-700 nits which isn't very bright for outdoor use.

Which is the Best phone, for the Mavic platinum. My HTC One X10 has video glitches, apart from that it is fine. [emoji41]
If you don't want to buy a new expensive phone, look back thru the forum for "the wunderphone" a thread about inexpensive unlocked phones that were found at Best Buy, on Amazon and at Walmart, with nice bright screens. One was as low as $49. I bought two. I fly one with my Spark and the Tello and another with my Mavic. Also go to the list that shows all the compatible phones. Just search for that topic. It is updated regularly.

If you don't want to buy a new expensive phone, look back thru the forum for "the wunderphone" a thread about inexpensive unlocked phones that were found at Best Buy, on Amazon and at Walmart, with nice bright screens. One was as low as $49. I bought two. I fly one with my Spark and the Tello and another with my Mavic. Also go to the list that shows all the compatible phones. Just search for that topic. It is updated regularly.
He did ask what was the best :)

He did ask what was the best :)
I imagine the "best" would be in the eye of the beholder of the phone individuals most like and prefer. I haven't seen any YouTube videos or threads here of an actual evaluation of "the best phone." I suppose the one with the best reputation for brightness would win. Oh, the DJI Crystal Sky has received a lot of coverage. But I did not get the impression it is really "the best." It may be the most expensive, however.

I imagine the "best" would be in the eye of the beholder of the phone individuals most like and prefer. I haven't seen any YouTube videos or threads here of an actual evaluation of "the best phone." I suppose the one with the best reputation for brightness would win. Oh, the DJI Crystal Sky has received a lot of coverage. But I did not get the impression it is really "the best." It may be the most expensive, however.
I love my new drone, I won't the best for it HaHa [emoji4] Thanks Mate.

He asked about phones. Had he asked about the best device, I actually would have said the crystalsky. I have the ultra, and after trying out many phones, tablets, goggles, and glasses, I would pick the crystalsky hands down. While it is expensive, the clarity in bright days is unmatched by anything I have ever seen. As for my pick of the note 8 and s9+ phones, I picked them because they do have the brightest screens on the market right now, and they have larger screens as well.

He asked about phones. Had he asked about the best device, I actually would have said the crystalsky. I have the ultra, and after trying out many phones, tablets, goggles, and glasses, I would pick the crystalsky hands down. While it is expensive, the clarity in bright days is unmatched by anything I have ever seen. As for my pick of the note 8 and s9+ phones, I picked them because they do have the brightest screens on the market right now, and they have larger screens as well.
Thank,s Mate.[emoji4]

How is the android Go 4 app performing these days, does it still crash? Thank you in advance.

No crashes, some pixelation here and there, but it has been doing pretty well.
Thank you, the CS is tempting for how much I fly, we'll see how tired I become of the sun shade option. Also, I've been using the iPhone X instead of the iPad Mini 4, due to it's brighter screen, and beefier CPU.

Last edited:
Thank you, the CS is tempting for how much I fly, we'll see how tired I become of the sun shade option. Also, I've been using the iPhone X instead of the iPad Mini 4, due to it's brighter screen, and beefier CPU.
I have the s9+ and have been using it while my crystalsky is undergoing warranty repair. I have to say that I am very impressed with the brightness. While it's certainly no crystalsky, it's so much better than the s7 I had used before. Whereas the s7 was almost useless in bright sun, the s9+ is pretty darn clear. I wasnt afraid of low altitude flying like I was on the s7. If I had owned it before I bought the cs, I may not have even bothered buying it.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Got the same issue with my note 3. Is starts glitching at recording mode. But yup love my note 3 tho.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan