DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone-sized display on iPad Mini

RealDiverDan

Reactions
I flew my Mavic Mini for the first time in a month or so, and it updated software before I could fly. I use an add-on holder for my iPad Mini 4, and after the update, the display showed as phone-sized, centered in the display, with large black borders. I'd call it about the size of a 3x5 card, if anyone uses them anymore.

Is there a setting to change this, or is something wrong with the update? Before that, it took up the entire pad screen.

It’s possible that you have the iPhone version instead of the iPad version of the app.

Edit: I just checked and it seems like there is only the iPhone version. Sometimes there is an 2X circle you can press to expand it. I don’t have the app so I can’t check it.

Thanks, Oz,

I read the thread at your link, and found I was running iPadOS 13.2. I'm updating to 13.4.1 as I write, and maybe that will fix it.

If not, I guess DJI is behind the times. After I try it in a day or so, I'll post my results here.

OK, final report on the small display problem on my iPad Mini 4. It may be that in outside light, I couldn't see the small double-arrow icon in the lower right corner if it was there, but I'm updated now. Latest DJI version for iPadOs, and iPadOS 13.4.1, and it works.

Comments on the three photos, explain it, but for those who prefer a text version, this:

After updating both the iPad and the DJIFly app, power up and connect the Mavic Mini, best done indoors for better visibility.

Tap the ... [triple dot] symbol in the upper right corner. This takes you to the parameters setup screen. Tap Camera, then tap your choice of aspect ratio; 4;3 or 16:9. This will set the aspect ratio for both video and still.

To return to the main screen, tap anywhere in the vertical rectangle on the left that shows part of the main screen.

On all views there is an icon with opposing arrows in the lower right corner, used to swap between small and large displays. This was my original problem, having the small display.

Problem fixed, and thanks to Oz and Ken for their input. Images numbered 1 thru 3 attached; watch in that order, tho here it seems to be in the order 3, 1, 2??? iPad Mini 4 #3.jpgiPad Mini 4 #1.jpgiPad Mini 4 #2.jpg
iPad Mini 4 #3.jpgiPad Mini 4 #1.jpgiPad Mini 4 #2.jpg

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.