DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo and Video File Numbering Question

MavicFlyer

Reactions
My SD memory card filled up during a flight, and I let the MA start using the internal memory.

Upon review, it turns out that the photo and video files in the internal memory use the same numbering scheme: the internal memory and memory card both start at 1. This creates problems when you have two different files on the same computer with the same name.

Question: if I delete all files on the SD card, will the photo/video file numbering pick up the existing sequence where it left off, or go back to 001?

Somewhere in Go 4 there is a setting to continue the numbering sequence or start over. I have mine set on continue.

Somewhere in Go 4 there is a setting to continue the numbering sequence or start over. I have mine set on continue.

I remember seeing that one, and I set it on continue.

The question now is if I reformat the card, will the last number in the sequence be wiped, or is it stored on the drone?

Also, how do I delete the internal 8G, without restarting the numbering?

...The question now is if I reformat the card, will the last number in the sequence be wiped, or is it stored on the drone?

Also, how do I delete the internal 8G, without restarting the numbering?
I believe that the number is stored elsewhere and reformatting the card does not restart the number sequence. I have reformatted my card without the numbers starting over.

I do not know about how the internal card works.

I believe that the number is stored elsewhere and reformatting the card does not restart the number sequence. I have reformatted my card without the numbers starting over.

I do not know about how the internal card works.

Interesting..when I reformat or move ALL of the files, I restarts the numbering. When I leave the highest numbered image on there, it starts one after that number. I’ll have to see if I can find the setting mentioned.

Interesting..when I reformat or move ALL of the files, I restarts the numbering. When I leave the highest numbered image on there, it starts one after that number. I’ll have to see if I can find the setting mentioned.
I have a MP, so the file system may work different than the Air. There also may be differences in how different versions of Go 4 treats the file structure. I have not reformatted in a while so I will try to do that this evening and see what happens to the numbering sequence.

Reactions: ErikDF
I have a MP, so the file system may work different than the Air. There also may be differences in how different versions of Go 4 treats the file structure. I have not reformatted in a while so I will try to do that this evening and see what happens to the numbering sequence.

Mine is an MP as well. I’m sure this is a setting as I’ve seen it on my better cameras.

That is an old thread but it is how I remember it to be; formatting the card should not restart numbering if you have it set to continue in Go 4. What I do not know is if in the many versions of Go 4 since then have have changed how the file numbering sequence works. I am on version 4.1.15.

My SD memory card filled up during a flight, and I let the MA start using the internal memory.

Upon review, it turns out that the photo and video files in the internal memory use the same numbering scheme: the internal memory and memory card both start at 1. This creates problems when you have two different files on the same computer with the same name.

Question: if I delete all files on the SD card, will the photo/video file numbering pick up the existing sequence where it left off, or go back to 001?
Is there anyone from DJI watching these forums? There have been some informative comments from the group, but questions remain, and I’m hoping DJI rep could provide definitive answers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98