DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo Booth's Photos & Videos

Photo Booth

Reactions
I shared these in my pilot introduction thread but figure they might get more exposure (pun intended) in this forum. I did my first "serious" shoot with my new Mavic on Tuesday. The subject was one of my other passions, the Mazda Miata. Here are a couple of still photos I shot with the Mavic (click the images for larger versions).

And this is a short video I put together from clips I shot with the Mavic. I used Final Cut Pro to edit the video. Click the image to see the video.

I plan to share more photos and video in the future.

Mark

Last edited:
Really nice work !
did you use any filters on you MP ?

Thank you. No, I didn't. The photos were edited in Aperture (crop, saturation & vibrancy, highlights & contrast). The video is straight out of the camera except for the editing to put it all together in Final Cu Pro.

I wasn't pleased with the washed out sky in the video. The Mavic's camera was set to its default settings (automatic). I'm still learning. But I do plan to get a couple of ND filters and perhaps a circular polarizer too.

Mark

ROCKET LAUNCH FROM VANDENBERG!

This evening's rocket launch from Vandenberg was the most spectacular one I've ever seen here in San Diego. Happily, I was prepared. I sent my Mavic up 400' above the house and shot video of the launch from the very beginning. The image is a bit noisy but still very watchable.

My regret is I didn't think to switch the setting for 30º angle on the gimbal before I started. I assumed the Mavic's vertical field of view would be enough. When I realized the rocket was going to exit the top of the frame I tried to find the gimbal angle setting to change it but couldn't find it in the settings menu. Frustrating. But NOW I know where it's at for next time. :)

Click the link to view. At the beginning of the video you'll see the rocket rising from the horizon as a red ball in the right third of the image. The launch starts getting crazy spectacular at 1:24 into the video. Click the image for the video.

Enjoy!

Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: William Stinessen
Thanks, guys! I shared the rocket launch video in several places and, as of about 10 minutes ago, it had already been viewed more than 5,200 times (unique views). :)

Mark

Tonight's sunset over San Diego looked promising so I sent the Mavic up 400 feet AGL and shot a 28-second video pan. The distant body of water at the very beginning is the Pacific Ocean. You can also see the Coronado Islands. Click the image to play.

Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: Simmo
Stunning photos Mark [emoji106]. I hope to be able to take such photos soon.
Haven’t had the Mavic out because of the weather, but I bought a Spark fly more pkg and another MP fly more pkg yesterday [emoji38]. Surprisingly, the Spark seems not as fragile as the MP.

Reactions: Photo Booth
There was another Space-X Falcon 9 rocket launch from Vandenberg tonight. I sent the drone up to 400' and shot 4K video of the launch. Unfortunately, it wasn't as spectacular as last December's launch. That one was just a half hour after sunset, this one was more like an hour. Plus there was cloud cover over SoCal that obscured the first part of the launch. Still, it looked pretty cool!

This is a frame from the 4K video. It's cropped down to a little below HD resolution. Click the image for a larger version.

Mark

Here's the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launch (Oct 7, 2018) that I recorded with my Mavic Pro at 400' above our home (900' MSL). There was cloud cover over San Diego's coast so my Mavic wasn't able to capture the first part of the launch. The video has been sped up 8x.

SpaceX Launch 10.07.18

Mark

I hadn’t flown my Mavic Pro in about a year. Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day so we took the Miata and the Mavic for a spin. This was shot along Sunrise Highway in the Laguna Mountain Range. I was trying to capture the "on top of the world" feeling that we get while driving that section of road (elevation about 5,000 feet).

Sunrise Highway - Mark

Enjoy!

Mark

Reactions: Tufargon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member