DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo points with mavic pro

Pingoo

Reactions
Hi there
I fly a Mavic pro with an Android phone. I would like to set up photo points to monitor the change of vegetation in a restoration project over time. The idea is to take the same photos at the same altitude with the same angle overtime. I haven t been able to understand how to achieve that with Litchi your help would be much appreciated. Nic

I am new to Litchi. But I have a similar project set up there. I went to Waypoints and set up all the aspects of the flight on the hub, saved to "mission" and then I just select the mission on the app. and it fly's the mission using all the preset parameters every time.

I would like to set up photo points to monitor the change of vegetation in a restoration project over time. The idea is to take the same photos at the same altitude with the same angle overtime. I haven t been able to understand how to achieve that with Litchi
I haven't used single images but have used orthophotos for something similar:
Revegetation%20Monitoring-X3.jpg

Having the mapping mission saved in DroneDeploy, I can shoot it anytime and get exactly the same area.
Revegetation%20Detail-X3.jpg

Hi there
I fly a Mavic pro with an Android phone. I would like to set up photo points to monitor the change of vegetation in a restoration project over time. The idea is to take the same photos at the same altitude with the same angle overtime. I haven t been able to understand how to achieve that with Litchi your help would be much appreciated. Nic
For taking photos you would simply create a "straight line" mission in the mission hub (Settings -- Path Mode -- Straight Lines). Create your waypoints and set the gimbal pitch, AC rotation, etc. then add whatever tasks you wish with the "+" button in the bottom left of the pop up after creating a waypoint or after one is selected. Save the mission and fly it as many times as you need to. It is MUCH easier to do all of this from a PC using the Mission Hub rather than on a smart device.

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
I haven't used single images but have used orthophotos for something similar:
Revegetation%20Monitoring-X3.jpg

Having the mapping mission saved in DroneDeploy, I can shoot it anytime and get exactly the same area.
Revegetation%20Detail-X3.jpg
Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. Looks like dronedeploy could be an avenue for my work. Nic

For taking photos you would simply create a "straight line" mission in the mission hub (Settings -- Path Mode -- Straight Lines). Create your waypoints and set the gimbal pitch, AC rotation, etc. then add whatever tasks you wish with the "+" button in the bottom left of the pop up after creating a waypoint or after one is selected. Save the mission and fly it as many times as you need to. It is MUCH easier to do all of this from a PC using the Mission Hub rather than on a smart device.
Hi Bill,
Thank you for that, I didn't know that you could affect to each waypoint a task like taking a photo or filming I suppose. Thank you for your help.
Nic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky