DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo / Video Editing Software ? (help)

Reactions
hey folks,

looking to pick the brains of anyone whom will allow it

Curious to know what everyone is running for software to edit photos and vids?

also cant wait till my MA2 !

Lightroom, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro.

Sometimes iMovie. Depends on the Client's budget and expectations.

I use Adobe PS/LR (and other utils depending on the job) for stills, DiVinci Resolve for video (there's a free version of Resolve).

DaVinci Resolve, the free version, has what you need for video work. It has along learning curve, and demanding hardware needs, but works well.

Im pretty happy with NCH's VideoPad Two week free trial to get used to it. They offered full $100 version for around $65 as my rrial was ending. Granted I am NO editing expert, but Ive had no issues.

Reactions: Gipper
hey folks,

looking to pick the brains of anyone whom will allow it

Curious to know what everyone is running for software to edit photos and vids?

also cant wait till my MA2 !

I am using PowerDirector 16. It’s easy to learn and inexpensive and does almost as much as what the much more expensive programs do. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube . Worth a look in my opinion.

Hey folks !
Thank you for all suggestions and I’ll be looking deeper into most of them. I will add that I’m toying with the idea of editing my photos and videos on a iPad Pro 11”

thoughts on this / does anyone use a iPad Pro 11” to edit anything in the graphics world?

Cheers!
Ps the MA2 is so dope!

...editing my photos and videos on a iPad Pro 11”
thoughts on this / does anyone use a iPad Pro 11” to edit anything in the graphics world?...

The Photos app has really been advanced. There are now ALOT of editing options. It may be all you need. (I've got the Pro 12.9)

NO mention of GIMP? One of the best Photoshop like free software for editing photos. As someone who doesn't like to spend hours editing, I use more of the consumer grade stuff for video editing. First was Vegas Movie Studio, then Magix, and now PowerDirector.

For photos I use CaptureOne, Lightroom, and photoshop and Video I use Premiere and After effects. You can purchase adobe suite for $30 a month and you get access to almost all of their software. Capture One is a professional image editor with a monthly or one-time purchase price.

But honestly, if you aren't doing any professional work, I would look at GIMP for image editing

Hey folks !
Thank you for all suggestions and I’ll be looking deeper into most of them. I will add that I’m toying with the idea of editing my photos and videos on a iPad Pro 11”

thoughts on this / does anyone use a iPad Pro 11” to edit anything in the graphics world?

Cheers!
Ps the MA2 is so dope!

LumaFusion is the best for video editing on iPad Pro

I use Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and PTGui for photo editing and when I occasionally need video its After Effects and LRTimelapse.

UPDATE

bought a iPad Pro 11" should be here in a week or so with fancy accessories as this is basically replacing the old PC I have. Also been l doing some reading on the forum and its come to my attention that I need to refresh my memory on shutter speeds / overexposure and such. The photo I added had the 'smart' setting on and I feel like it did a really good job.

do any of you folks have a good YT channel reference for tutorials or guides ?

Thank you all again, everyone has had amazing answers and comments !

Cheers

Attachments

• MA2.400.JPG
    MA2.400.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member