DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos has blurry left corner, but video seems sharp?

jayjay70

Reactions
I have a pretty weird problem in my Pro's camera.

If I shoot video the image seems sharp on alla areas. If I shoot photos, the upper left corner (at least) seems out of focus.

I have some examples here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vcqdq ... -DsRuL6nYp-5Ca?dl=0

One reference picture for this problem could be DJI_0206.jpg

I've already treif AF/AFC/MF modes, same result with every mode. Sharpness is set to +1 as instructed in many videos.

I have calibrated IMU and Gimbal, reset camera setting, Format SD, practiced some voodoo etc..nothing seems to help!
This Drone has always been handled with care and there's not even one single scratch on it.

Could you please check the pictures and video for any quidance?

Br, Janne

I have a pretty weird problem in my Pro's camera.

If I shoot video the image seems sharp on alla areas. If I shoot photos, the upper left corner (at least) seems out of focus.

I have some examples here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vcqdq ... -DsRuL6nYp-5Ca?dl=0

One reference picture for this problem could be DJI_0206.jpg

I've already treif AF/AFC/MF modes, same result with every mode. Sharpness is set to +1 as instructed in many videos.

I have calibrated IMU and Gimbal, reset camera setting, Format SD, practiced some voodoo etc..nothing seems to help!
This Drone has always been handled with care and there's not even one single scratch on it.

Could you please check the pictures and video for any quidance?

Br, Janne

Im looking at these pics if Full Rez on a 180 inch screen and they look crisp and clean.

I think this is a more of a case of your not understanding how that camera works as it cannot contain the entire picture in Focus , its just not possible with that lens.

Picture no 5 : This one looks like you forgot to touch focus on the screen so it seems focus was lost.

I myself would be pretty happy with these shots but I would utilize the crop to get the best picture possible.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: jayjay70
Thanks for your answer! I was just a bit worried, since in video the picture looks sharp on all areas.

What is the name of the picture number 5? I added some new photos in this folder and order might have been change a bit..

I'm shooting at 16:9 and I haven't tred 4:3 mode yet. But if you say so, I may have to live with this. Sure it's pretty amazing what that size optics can do compared to DSLR cameras.

EDIT: I forgot to say that if I compare upper left to upper right, for me it seems a bit more off focus?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
No lens can image a plane surface in all areas perfectly, even multiple thousand dollar ones. You can get closer, but never perfection. DJI lenses are cheap by comparison, and do a pretty good job for their price point, but are a long way from perfect.

No lens can image a plane surface in all areas perfectly, even multiple thousand dollar ones. You can get closer, but never perfection. DJI lenses are cheap by comparison, and do a pretty good job for their price point, but are a long way from perfect.

Yeah, maybe it is like Phantomrain stated. The lens is so small, that maybe I should be amazed what it can do for that size. Though I also have mini and sometimes pictures in Mini look more solid. I don't know...anyway maybe I can live with this and I need to start cropping some images.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yeah, maybe it is like Phantomrain stated. The lens is so small, that maybe I should be amazed what it can do for that size. Though I also have mini and sometimes pictures in Mini look more solid. I don't know...anyway maybe I can live with this and I need to start cropping some images.

I think C1 is to center your camera among others but touch to focus is what I am referring to on the screen ?

I disagree with the above comments. Lenses can focus across an entire field and they do. Your videos prove it and some of those photos in your dropbox. But the 0206 example is a good one to show the localised blurring. It is clearly blurred in the left hand corner and not in the top right hand corner. I can't offer a reason why this is happening, so am not much help. But you do have a valid concern.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa