DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ping Locator

normr

Reactions
I just received my email telling me my Ping Locator GPS Locator from the Indiegogo campaign has shipped. Can’t wait to mount it, now we just need M Singer to make 3D mounts to easily attach them

I just received my email telling me my Ping Locator GPS Locator from the Indiegogo campaign has shipped. Can’t wait to mount it, now we just need M Singer to make 3D mounts to easily attach them
Just had a look at this and it is great if you live in an area with cell phone coverage. Useless if you don’t. The cellphone providers boast 99% coverage but that is 99% of people, not area. What they don’t openly say is that if you don’t live in a population centre then you are less likely to get a signal. They don’t cover sparsely populated areas because there is no money to be made.

Why...are people still buying these trackers for their quads?
Seriously. It's built in to the app.

Just had a look at this and it is great if you live in an area with cell phone coverage. Useless if you don’t. The cellphone providers boast 99% coverage but that is 99% of people, not area. What they don’t openly say is that if you don’t live in a population centre then you are less likely to get a signal. They don’t cover sparsely populated areas because there is no money to be made.
This one apparently has a GPS chip inside. But how they claim the five months battery life, I don't know.

An app crash won't cause the mavic to crash. You still have the remote signal. Just fly it back. Or restart the app. Or use the RTH button.
If you don't have a remote signal, the mavic will automatically RTH on its own. It do not just crash for no reason.

An app crash won't cause the mavic to crash. You still have the remote signal. Just fly it back. Or restart the app. Or use the RTH button.
If you don't have a remote signal, the mavic will automatically RTH on its own. It do not just crash for no reason.

When your drone crashes somewhere and it can’t RTH cuz it crashed and it broke. And **** does happen when it can be non user error (bird strike, people shooting it. Who knows?) Nothing is certain in life.

Wouldn’t you like to find your $1000 peice of equipment? Not sure if you are that well off. But I’d like to find mine. I ordered this ping device while back too. Just got my notice as well it shipped.

Yes, if it crashes you use the app on your phone e to find it. The mavic doesn't have to be on.
Have fun.

If what you're saying were completely true and no one ever lost their drone, there wouldn't be plenty of threads on this forum about people who lost their drone. The trackers give you a redundant system suited specifically to tracking down the drone, if the operator or the drone's usual functions failed or won't help.

Why...are people still buying these trackers for their quads?
Seriously. It's built in to the app.

You must be a new owner and don’t understand what really can happen

Yes, if it crashes you use the app on your phone e to find it. The mavic doesn't have to be on.
Have fun.

If mavic gps malfunctions the app won’t know where mavic is.

If mavic disconnects from the rc and doesn’t return home due to wind or other factor the app won’t know where mavic is.

These are just s couple of examples.

My trackimo has saved me twice! The GO app was of no help, it put me about 2 blocks away from where the Drone was actually down. It also has a beeper that you can trigger so if it's out of sight you can possibly hear it.

How do you mount your trackimo on the Mavic?
I had found this mount on eBay at some point. I will try to find the link for it.
7a4cf19be1ccf95355e0f4025ba66ef1.jpg
bd004c6c2943e0ea0e2246f580a87249.jpg

Reactions: kissmybrass
I have the trackimo for my drone's and it works wonderfully

Same here, I use trackimo and recently on a bebop 2 it disconnected 1.5 miles from me, it started RTH but for some reason it landed 1.25 miles from me with over 70% battery left. Last signal from bebop 2 app shows it 1.50 miles from me, but it auctually landed 1.25 miles. Had it not been for trackimo, I would never have found the bebop 2.

When it disconnected, it never reconnected yet was traveling back but some unknown reason it landed 1.25 miles from me, when I drove to it using trackimo, it still had 70% battery left.

Trackimo saved my drone, never fly without it now and use it with all my drones.

Paul

My trackimo has saved me twice! The GO app was of no help, it put me about 2 blocks away from where the Drone was actually down. It also has a beeper that you can trigger so if it's out of sight you can possibly hear it.

I was going to get a Trackimo until I saw it was only 3G. Telstra are turning off 3G in Australia at the beginning of 2020 so Trackimo’s will not work after that unfortunately. I am hoping they will bring a 4 or 5g out soon then I will grab one for sure.

I was going to get a Trackimo until I saw it was only 3G. Telstra are turning off 3G in Australia at the beginning of 2020 so Trackimo’s will not work after that unfortunately. I am hoping they will bring a 4 or 5g out soon then I will grab one for sure.

That’s true, but I thought it was 2G in some areas it was in the process of being turned off.

I purchased my trackimo used for $45, need a tracker now I’m not going to worry about service shut off until then. Perfer protection now, and its already saved me once just last week.

Still, it’s worth the investment, pay for itself many times over with it’s first save.

Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS