DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pix4D and volumetrics.

MINERDRONE

Reactions
Any you folks using your mavic for stockpiles or other mapping/orthomosaic photogrammetry? We use an eBee Plus for big boy jobs and are looking at getting smaller ones for small sites (<15 acres). I've run comparisons of physical surveys vs. the eBee and can get between a 0.5-1.5% difference. I'm having some issues with the mavic run and was wondering if anyone else is out there utilizing these the same way?

Thanks in Advance.

We have been using Pix4D for the Phantom 4 and the Mavic. We surveyed/laser scanned our jobsite and then did 4 separate passes using Pix4D to see what our average error would be. We are at 1-2" inches in deviation which is awesome. However, you need a proper workflow and need to tie into existing control points on your site that have been surveyed (preferably state plane coordinates).

We have been using Pix4D for the Phantom 4 and the Mavic. We surveyed/laser scanned our jobsite and then did 4 separate passes using Pix4D to see what our average error would be. We are at 1-2" inches in deviation which is awesome. However, you need a proper workflow and need to tie into existing control points on your site that have been surveyed (preferably state plane coordinates).

Thanks for the feedback. I've run another set of tests to check for accuracy and again, my points are off on a scale. I use the same GCP for both the eBee and Mavic and the Mavic still produces a higher volume. The odd part is the GCP RMS error on the eBee runs @0.068 while the mavic sits around 0.216ft. The GCP are tied to SP. You can see where the pix4d ignores a GCP and floats the DSM above it.

Would you be able to PM your email and possible send me one of your Quality Reports from the Mavic? I want to see your workflow and see how it differs to mine. I mean, I'm stumped.

Here's two QR the eBee flight is bigger since I was getting additional information. I've also added a screen shot of the different surfaces.. The control point is the circle and the ebee is right on but depending on the Mavic surface (Arbitrary Coordinate system=best) SP=worst....

Any help would be appreciated.

eBeeGCP.JPG MavicGCP.JPG VolumeComparison_Baxter-Model.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705