DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pixalating pro

cardiac

Reactions
I have had a Mavic pro for a couple of months. I use my Samsung note 4 with the controller. I wanted a bigger screen so I used a Samsung tablet I had. Now the video on the screen, recording or not, pixelates as soon as I move the drone. Still pictures are OK. Whats up? I have done some searching and it may be the newest firmware does not support older android devices.??

Reactions: dirkclod
You're probably on the right lines, the app has got ever more demanding and bloated, you could try an older version perhaps.
Make sure nothing else is running,and turn off video cache that helps quite a bit.
A *good* data cable in the large USB outlet is important.

I have had a Mavic pro for a couple of months. I use my Samsung note 4 with the controller. I wanted a bigger screen so I used a Samsung tablet I had. Now the video on the screen, recording or not, pixelates as soon as I move the drone. Still pictures are OK. Whats up? I have done some searching and it may be the newest firmware does not support older android devices.??
Howdy from Wyoming @cardiac , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Ive been having the same issues. When I first got Pro Platinum it was on point. No complaints at all. Pics would go to my phone ( Galaxy 7 Edge } and great flight responses. Then something changed. Pics will only save on Drone SD card and screen also has double and triple image pixeling. I changed to an old Note 4 that I totally wiped out. Except for the mandatory apps and ones I have disabled, it only is used for the drone. Still the same problems. No pics saved to device, screen pixeling and the response is slow from the camera.

Attachments

• 20180313_164021.jpg
    20180313_164021.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
Try Go 4 version 4.1.15. It works great on my underpowered Tab A.

What's the odds you can give me a step by step set of directions? Thanks for the reply.
It has been months since I did it so don't remember the steps but I found instructions on this forum. Just search for it. I remember a link to a YouTube video. It was not hard to do.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Be sure the device you are using is up to the task. Many Android devices are not compatible.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird