DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pixel 5 cannot connect

mniehe

Reactions
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I've had my Mavic Pro for over 2 years now with more than 100 hours logged without much issue. About a month ago I got the Pixel 5 and just tried using the drone with it now but I can't get the phone to connect to the controller. The controller is still able to connect to the drone just fine. It's just the connection between the phone and the controller that doesn't work. When I open up the DJI GO 4 app, I'm stuck in that screen waiting for "Disconnected" to turn into "Connected" so I can "Enter Device". Just for the hell of it, I tried connecting via WiFi instead of RC and that worked just fine (but flying using the phone screen is risky at best). I've also tried 2 different cables with no success.

Has anyone else had issues like this?

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I've had my Mavic Pro for over 2 years now with more than 100 hours logged without much issue. About a month ago I got the Pixel 5 and just tried using the drone with it now but I can't get the phone to connect to the controller. The controller is still able to connect to the drone just fine. It's just the connection between the phone and the controller that doesn't work. When I open up the DJI GO 4 app, I'm stuck in that screen waiting for "Disconnected" to turn into "Connected" so I can "Enter Device". Just for the hell of it, I tried connecting via WiFi instead of RC and that worked just fine (but flying using the phone screen is risky at best). I've also tried 2 different cables with no success.

Has anyone else had issues like this?
Are you sure that the Pixel5 is supported? Just because it is a newer, more powerful phone it doesn’t mean that it is!

Great point. I'm starting to think that the Pixel 5 isn't supported. Any chance you know of a compatibility list I can lookup?

In connecting the Pixel, are you using the included short cables, or a standard data cable to the bottom full A port?

If latter, be sure you have removed any short cable from the side port. Leaving it in disables data from the bottom port though the bottom port still provides "slow charge" 500mA power.

Huh, I had no idea you could even use the bottom port. I was using the side port with my Pixel 2 which worked and tried using the same side port and cable with the Pixel 5 which doesn't work.

I have been using a Pixel 5 with my Pro Platinum with moderate success. The phone app generally stays connected to the controller in flight. However once landed it frequently drops the connection between the app and controller. To re-establish the connection I unplug and reconnect the USB cable on the side of the controller to trigger DJIGo4 to relaunch. To try an improve things I have gone in to the Pixel 5 settings area and then USB Preferences. In there I have set USB Controlled by = This device & Use USB for = No Data Transfer. So far so good it has not disconnected again, but this might be just coincidence..

Thanks for the suggestions Logger. I just tried those settings and found they were all greyed out for me. It makes me think that the Pixel doesn't even recognize the USB cable. I tried a different cable and the settings were no longer greyed out. I have a strong feeling that I only have terrible cables. Guess I'm on the hunt for a decent quality cable! Getting one that's validated to work with the Pixel 5 and DJI would be ideal. Anyone have suggestions for brands?

Sometimes I think it may be greyed out when the DJIGo4 app is not running so I toggle between the USB Preferences & DJIGo4. Another thing worth checking is Settings > Battery Otimisation & Set DJIGo4 to "Dont optimise". Not sure if it makes any difference but I figure the less restrictions on that app the better.

I have the same problem with my pixel 5! did any one solve this. Can not get it to connect to the drone. works fine with my old samsung...

Well that makes a few of us then. I've got the exact same Pixel 5 / Mini 2 controller issue. Works perfectly with an old iPhone so I guess I'll have to use that until there's a fix for the Pixel 5. IF anyone does manage to get it working, an update would be hugely appreciated!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada