DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PIXELATION, HIT OR MISS WITH MINE....

silverdragon

Reactions
The 7.85 high contrast unit purchased about 6 month ago is one hell of a pixalation mad house... it goes through phases. Sometimes I can love it, sometimes I want to take to the shooting range to use as a target. It goes through a major pixalation fit and sometimes not.... Does anyone else have that issue?...just Reply if you do.....if not, don't Reply because you obviously don't have that issue.

The 7.85 high contrast unit purchased about 6 month ago is one **** of a pixalation mad house... it goes through phases. Sometimes I can love it, sometimes I want to take to the shooting range to use as a target. It goes through a major pixalation fit and sometimes not.... Does anyone else have that issue?...just Reply if you do.....if not, don't Reply because you obviously don't have that issue.
My UB unit does it about 20 percent of my flights. No rhyme or reason.

The 7.85 high contrast unit purchased about 6 month ago is one **** of a pixalation mad house... it goes through phases. Sometimes I can love it, sometimes I want to take to the shooting range to use as a target. It goes through a major pixalation fit and sometimes not.... Does anyone else have that issue?...just Reply if you do.....if not, don't Reply because you obviously don't have that issue.
I get it occasionally, but it doesn't last long. A few seconds at most.

For the amount of deneros, one would fiqure it would be pixelation free. Only because it's possible to be free from that distortion. The ipad Mini 4 never had the pixfit, not once...

Yea experiencing the same issue since the new update.

I have had serious pixelation issues since June or 2 updates ago. On a Galaxy S7. Sometimes its really bad and cant fly at a sometimes the issue is minimal.

Hi guys, I was under the opinion that the pixerlation issue was a crystal sky monitor issue. So I guess it's also happening on mobile phones as well? I have flown my bird since the latest firmware update on the 4th July so I can't comment. But I did have the issue before.

If you read the original post I wrote you can read all the problems I have with that unit. What's my chance buying another unit and getting one that has no issues.

Hi guys, I was under the opinion that the pixerlation issue was a crystal sky monitor issue. So I guess it's also happening on mobile phones as well? I have flown my bird since the latest firmware update on the 4th July so I can't comment. But I did have the issue before.
Galaxy S5, S6, S7 seem to have the most pixelation problems, from browsing message boards.

Well. Just bought a 5.5” myself. First flight using CS550 with my Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic Pro RC today. Worked just fine flying for about 20 minutes. As I used RTH I experienced pixelation while the drone was close to directly over me... As a radioamateur I have no problem understanding the signal problems when antennas are placed wrong (polarization), but as other has mentioned here too - This never happened when I was using my iPhone / iPad... Weird. Wondered if it was because of the heat, but as I changed the Mavic battery and continued flying, the pixelation only showed up when standing below the drone.

Well. Just bought a 5.5” myself. First flight using CS550 with my Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic Pro RC today. Worked just fine flying for about 20 minutes. As I used RTH I experienced pixelation while the drone was close to directly over me... As a radioamateur I have no problem understanding the signal problems when antennas are placed wrong (polarization), but as other has mentioned here too - This never happened when I was using my iPhone / iPad... Weird. Wondered if it was because of the heat, but as I changed the Mavic battery and continued flying, the pixelation only showed up when standing below the drone.
I noticed that also, when the drone is 20 feet or less it pixelates the majority of the time. it may do it when flying 200 high also. One time I flew past trees and i lost sight of the drone and when i used RTH the CS went into the pixelation fit and i had no idea what the drone was doing and it freaked me out Big time. I got the drone to land at my feet and then i ripped off the CS and put my ipad Mini 4 back into the RC. It's cursed.....never a problem with the pad Mini 4

So does this conclude that the cs may be the problem? Because some are having issues with samsung devices as well. I wonder if I use my MPP In simulation mode with my car monitor if I would get pixelstion. If it's due to heat it should show up. I will try.

So does this conclude that the cs may be the problem? Because some are having issues with samsung devices as well. I wonder if I use my MPP In simulation mode with my cs monitor if I would get pixelstion. If it's due to heat it should show up. I will try.

So does this conclude that the cs may be the problem? Because some are having issues with samsung devices as well. I wonder if I use my MPP In simulation mode with my car monitor if I would get pixelstion. If it's due to heat it should show up. I will try.

Sorry. Can’t comment on that possibility though I ain’t got other android devices with appropriate android version. My Parrot Asteroid Smart has Gingerbread installed so not possible to install go4 on that.
Tried the CS550 again today after installing the new update of go4, but still same issue with the pixelation. Also tried changing stream methods and bandwidth... No difference. Drone close to RC+CS550 = Pixelation, freezing frames and other digital noise frames. A bit like the audio R2D2 on DStar just in the video

By the way, it should not be the same on CS and android smartphones/tablets though the CS is a Trunked version specially for CS as I understand.

I must of read 100+ pixelation issues with the DJI CS and I quess I can say if I read all those issues before hand I would of not bought one..... I Slipped with compulsive buying... DJI CS sucks, the ones the have pixelation problems. On the other side of the coin, DJI CS is the best monitor one can use flying the drone. The ones without issues......

Reactions: conchman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS