DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Places to fly around Atlanta

sclm007

Reactions
Hi, I am newbie and live in the Atlanta area and looking for places to fly (legally). For me this is the most challenging part of drone flying so far.

Well you could have flown at ATL last week, they weren't using the place with the power outage! LOL ( I couldn't help myself with this one.)

Reactions: Herb71 and HVYMTL
How true... Airspace was wide open. Probably couldn’t have gotten through with all the people stranded..

Reactions: Herb71
Hi, I am newbie and live in the Atlanta area and looking for places to fly (legally). For me this is the most challenging part of drone flying so far.

I have flown in Piedmont Park several times. If the weather is nice on a weekend, there are usually half a dozen mavics in the sky.

You can get some great sunset pics from the field closest to Park Tavern. I've taken my Mavic while riding my bike on the beltline and stopped in several locations to get pictures. Old Fourth Ward Skate Park is right off the beltline and you can get some cool shots of Ponce City Market.

I have also flown OTP at Lake Acworth, Kennesaw Mountain, and various parks in the Austell and East Cobb areas.

DJI_0024 (1).jpg DJI_0027 (1).jpg

Reactions: Herb71
I have flown in Piedmont Park several times. If the weather is nice on a weekend, there are usually half a dozen mavics in the sky.

You can get some great sunset pics from the field closest to Park Tavern. I've taken my Mavic while riding my bike on the beltline and stopped in several locations to get pictures. Old Fourth Ward Skate Park is right off the beltline and you can get some cool shots of Ponce City Market.

I have also flown OTP at Lake Acworth, Kennesaw Mountain, and various parks in the Austell and East Cobb areas.

View attachment 27556 View attachment 27557

Nice - thanks. Will check out Piedmont Park.

I’m in Gwinnett and can’t fly in any of the parks...

Nice - thanks. Will check out Piedmont Park.

I’m in Gwinnett and can’t fly in any of the parks...

I know some other guys on this forum who are up in your neck of the woods fly at Shorty Howell Park and as far as I know, haven't had any issues.

Check out sweet water state park, have flown there a few times. There usually aren’t too many people there during the week and the river and old mill make for really nice pictures and video.

Looks like a great place but not very open for a new flyer. Will put on my list for when have more time in the air.

There’s a nice big lake there too, and some open areas as well. It’s just passed Six Flags on I20 West.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll