DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Planning to purchase the Mavic 2 Pro. Any suggestions?

I always hand catch (P3P and M2P).

For take off, I use land for both and most of the time it's fine. Every once and awhile, the M2P needs a landing pad when you can't find a bald enough spot in grass, (since the props are closer to the ground than the Phantoms) or there's lots of dirt to kick up.

I just carry one of these automobile windshield shade thingees that you put on the inside of your windshield on a hot day (same thing as a much more expensive landing pad with an fancy H on it, or even more expensive photographic reflector)

That's great to know, thanks! Hey, since you have the P3P, perhaps you can tell me: how much quieter is the M2P compared to it? I can still hear my P3P at 400' from quite a distance away, but I see people around here saying that the M2P is hard to hear at 25' AGL... What's the truth? :)

Reactions: Hitchy
That's great to know, thanks! Hey, since you have the P3P, perhaps you can tell me: how much quieter is the M2P compared to it? I can still hear my P3P at 400' from quite a distance away, but I see people around here saying that the M2P is hard to hear at 25' AGL... What's the truth? :)

I think it's quieter as well, especially at altitude. The P3P wasn't super noisy at high altitudes, but you could hear it for certain maneuvers (like heavy braking and turning). I don't really hear the M2P at all once it gets up there.

I have an SPL meter. Maybe I'll bring it with me if I ever take both birds out (which I've never done -- the P3P has been getting neglected since I got the M2P).

By the way, in general, the M2P has many things going for it other than just compact size (as you at first mentioned being the reason for considering the M2P) and low noise. It also has multi-way obstacle avoidance, and that works very well, as well as a much better sensor. You have probably read the other stuff, some extra time on the battery, gimbal that doesn't tilt to the side much, etc.

Chris

Planning to purchase the Mavic 2 Pro in late July. Getting a package deal that includes: DJI ultra bright smart controller, 3 batteries, car charger, charging hub, extra props, shoulder strap and bag. I'm sure I'll be getting the drone care and/or insurance also. What else do I need? I'm an amateur photographer and will primarily be using it for landscape pics. Any suggestions on how to recharge the smart controller in the field? Thanks

You might consider getting the Lunar Landing Pad as It works with the Smart Controller for the Mavic 2 Pro
Really nice alternative to a case and makes hand catching really easy..

Phantomrain.org
Gear for your Mavic
Coal

Planning to purchase the Mavic 2 Pro in late July. Getting a package deal that includes: DJI ultra bright smart controller, 3 batteries, car charger, charging hub, extra props, shoulder strap and bag. I'm sure I'll be getting the drone care and/or insurance also. What else do I need? I'm an amateur photographer and will primarily be using it for landscape pics. Any suggestions on how to recharge the smart controller in the field? Thanks
Can get you a discount on the bundle (we also sell drones) pm me if Interested

Yes, I have a suggestion. Get it from ADVEXURE (Advexure.com). Great inventory, expert help and good prices, fast shipping. I buy everything from them. Ask for Dan or Travis. They're in LA. VERY GOOD PEOPLE (is what is most important)

Yes, I have a suggestion. Get it from ADVEXURE (Advexure.com). Great inventory, expert help and good prices, fast shipping. I buy everything from them. Ask for Dan or Travis. They're in LA. VERY GOOD PEOPLE (is what is most important)
Thanks!

You might consider getting the Lunar Landing Pad as It works with the Smart Controller for the Mavic 2 Pro
Really nice alternative to a case and makes hand catching really easy..

Phantomrain.org
Gear for your Mavic
Coal

View attachment 77536

Thanks....that looks good!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member