DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Pro controller won't turn on

45er

Reactions
Went out to fly my Mavic Platinum Pro today. Got everything set up and plugged in. Tried to turn on controller - screen flashed "battery at 95%" then turned off. Tried several times with same result. Interestingly, although the drone battery is near full charge, I couldn't get the drone to stay on and connect either. I must be doing something (or not doing something) simply stupid, but I can't figure out what it is!

Sorry I'm going to have to suggest the obvious, are you tapping the power button or are you tapping it then immediately holding it? If you press the power button on the controller or drone it will show the power level (a percentage on the controller, a number of LEDSs on the drone) but won't power on but if you quickly tap it then hold the button both should power on.

Again that's perhaps too obvious but just seems odd both your devices would have the same issue,

I take no offense from anyone trying to help me. I put the controller on the charger and let it sit for a few minutes. Climbed to 97% and I took it off. Voila! It turned on and said "connecting". However, now the battery, when in place on the drone, will not turn on at all! Tried two separate batteries each having enough charge to operate the drone and the darned thing won't stay "on"!

DJI uses a double-tap method to turn the battery and controller on. Short press then long press for both to get them to power up.
See the user manual - v2.0 - page 29 - regarding the batteries.

Yes..,double tap and hold the second tap until you see the controller starting up... same for batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78