DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Playa Mujeres, Mexico

Nice flight mate. Mexico is so beautiful !

My only advise is for you to check the horizon tilt on the gimbal. It looks that you need to adjust it a bit. Thanks for the vid.
Viva mexico !

thanks mate!

i'll see what i can do. it was a brand new mavic pro and i didn't really do much configuration on it.

i was really nervous flying it even though i have a lot of experience with the p3p and p4. there was a lot of wind (you can see the palm trees swaying) and messages from the drone saying that there is high wind. even with the stick at max, it was only goes 1-3 mph against the wind. i was going to go into atti mode if needed and i didn't go far because i didn't want to get caught with low battery (i was overly cautious though and only flew for around 10 minutes and had 70% battery life remaining, etc. also, the compass calibration kept failing. maybe that rooftop deck had a lot of metal interfering so that was also scary.

Nice footage. Mexico is one of my favorite places to take pictures. I will be using my Mavic when I go this year.

In general, I try to bring my Mavic Pro (previously P3P, etc.) with me on vacation. And in general, the answer is no you can't fly your drone. I'm not exactly sure why but if you ask, they will usually say no.

So my approach is not to ask and to find a space that's relatively hidden from people. If they don't notice, you won't draw a crowd, and you won't get unwanted attention.

In this case, I waited for a time when there weren't many people around, found a spot that's somewhat hidden from view (like my rooftop deck of my room, etc.). I also make sure that I take off as quickly as possible (usually people don't notice if the drone is 200+ feet up in the air) and I move fast. When landing, I also land quickly (within 30 seconds).

I took my Mavic Pro to Maui last week and took a little bit of footage. I found a corner of the hotel property and took off from there but a maintenance guy was walking around after I was flying and he told me that I can't fly here. He did say that I can fly at the beach though since that's not private property. The next day I went to the beach but it was full of people so I found an area with less people around and just flew it there.

It's a pain in the ***. When I was in Chicago a few months ago, I found a part with a secluded area but a cop found me while I was flying and he made me land it, etc.

It would be awesome if there were drone friendly take off / landing areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada