DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Please allow me to introduce myself....." I am such a newbie that my umbilical cord has not even been cut yet.

Rucnok2

Reactions
I am four flights in with one crash, recoverable. I wasn't sure this was the proper user group for DJI Mini 2, being mislead by the "Mavic" title, but is is! I am excited to learn and glean from these seasoned pilots.

Starter question: Line-of-sight is the current wisdom for flight, but that does not mean I have to see my drone, right? Even a two minute flight away is out of sight unless you have telescopic vision.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Rucnok2.

VLOS means what it says.

Visual Line Of Sight.

Yes you can look at your controls and telemetry but you should have your eyes on it when needed, and know the orientation of the aircraft as well.

Although the mini 2 may not have to be registered with the FAA, you should take the TRUST test and keep a copy with you when you fly.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am four flights in with one crash, recoverable. I wasn't sure this was the proper user group for DJI Mini 2, being mislead by the "Mavic" title, but is is! I am excited to learn and glean from these seasoned pilots.

Starter question: Line-of-sight is the current wisdom for flight, but that does not mean I have to see my drone, right? Even a two minute flight away is out of sight unless you have telescopic vision.
Welcome aboard! You’re amongst friends who will be happy to help with advice. But it might pay to continue wearing your diapers for the first few flights ……… 😉👍👀

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome! If you follow the good advice from CorralesDan I suggest the Firehouse strobes which can be seen for 3 SM. You should keep an awareness of where your drone is to you at all times. It is most important to know what is in the airspace of where you are flying even if you lose sight of it. When you lose sight look in the general direction of where it should be and move your eyes horizontally in small increments of about 15-degrees every few seconds until you spot it. If you still don’t see it increase the altitude by 50 ft and try again.

Hey Rucnok2,
Welcome from Calgary 🇨🇦. What I suggest is that you buy a colourful skin to put on your drone. It will immensely help see your drone much further. It sure has helped me and it still keeps the drone under 250 grams.
Cheers,
Rex

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird