DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please HELP before I throw my brand new mavic out the window..

Mavic Man

Reactions
Hi all,

I have recently bought a Mavic Pro, flown it a few times, loved it..
Then one day I turned it on and it wouldn't fly, telling me I needed to update the battery, aircraft and camera (Three warnings in red).
On the DJI App on my Samsung 8, it never prompted me to update it, and still doesn't, even after re-installing the app several times.
I was then told to download the DJI assistant 2 onto my PC (Macbook pro) and update it that way.
This didn't work either - It takes me to a ''install DJI assistant'' which says that it's been installed, and then prompts me to install a ''HoRNDIS driver'' and then restart my mac.
I do this, restart my mac to find absolutely nothing has been downloaded.
I don't know what ive done wrong, all I want to do is fly the bloody thing.
Please help.
Really appreciate anyone's time.

Reactions: philh24
1) You should be able to fly even with the announcements making the whole point moot
2) After installing assistant you kinda have to launch it, connect the aircraft to the computer and go through the update process, it won't magically update itself.

Just guessing... Don't you have AMAP enabled for China? I remember I had mine unable to be flown after I fiddle with those settings and accidently turned that on.

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Mavic Pro, flown it a few times, loved it..
Then one day I turned it on and it wouldn't fly, telling me I needed to update the battery, aircraft and camera (Three warnings in red).
On the DJI App on my Samsung 8, it never prompted me to update it, and still doesn't, even after re-installing the app several times.
I was then told to download the DJI assistant 2 onto my PC (Macbook pro) and update it that way.
This didn't work either - It takes me to a ''install DJI assistant'' which says that it's been installed, and then prompts me to install a ''HoRNDIS driver'' and then restart my mac.
I do this, restart my mac to find absolutely nothing has been downloaded.
I don't know what ive done wrong, all I want to do is fly the bloody thing.
Please help.
Really appreciate anyone's time.

Did you launch Assistant after the restart?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones