DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please no, not another misaligned main sensor

Cheers buddy. What is more striking is that Mavic 3 have the same main camera setup yet again I had 2 units ( replaced do to bad motor ) were optically very decent. Mavic 3 Pro on the other hand is like a very rigged amusement park.
Russian roulette, my friend. You might get lucky on a first go or you might not. I wanted to upgrade to M3Pro myself. I was very tempted but after going through what I went through with M3 and after reading about your and others plight I simply refuse to take the risk of potentially having to go through the same tedious process of testing, returning and waiting for replacement with no apparent quarantee of getting a good M3Pro, as your and others case is a sad testimony to that.

Reactions: Mecan
Russian roulette, my friend. You might get lucky on a first go or you might not. I wanted to upgrade to M3Pro myself. I was very tempted but after going through what I went through with M3 and after reading about your and others plight I simply refuse to take the risk of potentially having to go through the same tedious process of testing, returning and waiting for replacement with no apparent quarantee of getting a good M3Pro, as your and others case is a sad testimony to that.
I will be honest, Im mentally tired. Testing, waiting, explaining to people that have no idea what they are talking about,testing, sending back, UPS stealing packages ( yes it happened to me during replacement process )... I just lost hope on this. Its started in Mid May and it doesnt look like it will be sorted soon. I just want to use this drone as it has everything I need, but knowing that there are good units out there I cant accept horrible image quality on every single drone I had.

I will be honest, Im mentally tired. Testing, waiting, explaining to people that have no idea what they are talking about,testing, sending back, UPS stealing packages ( yes it happened to me during replacement process )... I just lost hope on this. Its started in Mid May and it doesnt look like it will be sorted soon. I just want to use this drone as it has everything I need, but knowing that there are good units out there I cant accept horrible image quality on every single drone I had.
I hear you. Been there, done that. I sincerely hope it ends up well for you and eventually you get a good one. If you can afford maybe wait a few months. You might be getting all from the same "bad batch". How big is the batch and when good ones will start to be produced again (if at all) is of course a million dollar question

Reactions: ImagineLight
I hear you. Been there, done that. I sincerely hope it ends up well for you and eventually you get a good one. If you can afford maybe wait a few months. You might be getting all from the same "bad batch". How big is the batch and when good ones will start to be produced again (if at all) is of course a million dollar question
Keep record of the S/N of the 7 bad ones you got and next time try to get one as far away from those S/N as possible. At least that way you are eliminating the possibility of getting another one from the same bad batch. If there is such thing at all of course. Maybe the good ones are as rare and precious as gemstones 🥴
I am starting to believe that this is a systemic issue. The reason why we do not hear about this that much is perhaps that most owners use the M3Pro and M3 for shooting videos where the IQ is not as closely scrutinised as photographers tend to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roberto Smera
Keep record of the S/N of the 7 bad ones you got and next time try to get one as far away from those S/N as possible. At least that way you are eliminating the possibility of getting another one from the same bad batch. If there is such thing at all of course. Maybe the good ones are as rare and precious as gemstones 🥴
I am starting to believe that this is a systemic issue. The reason why we do not hear about this that much is perhaps that most owners use the M3Pro and M3 for shooting videos where the IQ is not as closely scrutinised as photographers tend to do.
That is true, also I've noticed official DP review of it has samples with same issue but no one in the review addresses that at all...

That is true, also I've noticed official DP review of it has samples with same issue but no one in the review addresses that at all...
I have noticed that too in the DP review. Ignorance perhaps but more likely because these drones are seen more as a video takers rather than stills takers hence the lack of scrutiny of the IQ of the photos they produce. In any case it is a shame and perhaps an indication that the tiny lens in front of the M43 size sensor is simply not up to the task.

Last edited:
How to avoid the stupid process of returning the drone back after the test and waiting for a new one ? I'm thinking of taking 3 pieces straight from the e-shop, testing them and returning two of them within the legal limit of 14 days as " not a proper gift" . Living in EU ...it could work ?

How to avoid the stupid process of returning the drone back after the test and waiting for a new one ? I'm thinking of taking 3 pieces straight from the e-shop, testing them and returning two of them within the legal limit of 14 days as " not a proper gift" . Living in EU ...it could work ?
In theory it should increase your chances of getting a good one but nobody knows by how much. Again you might get lucky and find one of the three is good or you might not. Worth trying, I suppose. After all there is nothing to lose if the retailer allows return with a full refund within 14 days.

I will receive 4th unit and been testing 3 other with DJI Centre last month from their end, which will be 6 with issues just in my case and 7th on the way. I understand the thought but odds are not on my favour.

I will receive 4th unit and been testing 3 other with DJI Centre last month from their end, which will be 6 with issues just in my case and 7th on the way. I understand the thought but odds are not on my favour.
So that's hell. I have had 3-4 exchanges confirmed by the e-store under the try and return policy - not including DJI service. But I don't know if I'm going to pass at all...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest