DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PNC Park, Pittsburgh

A beautiful shot from a truly remarkable bird . . . is that a watermark or is that 21 (Roberto Clemente's Number) actually etched in the field?

A beautiful shot from a truly remarkable bird . . . is that a watermark or is that 21 (Roberto Clemente's Number) actually etched in the field?
It's an unedited JPG directly from the bird. Glad you liked it. I was thrilled to be able to get it.

It's an unedited JPG directly from the bird. Glad you liked it. I was thrilled to be able to get it.
Where were you launching from? I’m from just outside the city. Would to fly from Grandview but I’m assuming that’s a NFZ. Also the view is already from on high , not sure what a drone can add to it

Attachments

• 33C8F819-9C15-42EE-BD8C-47F0B289A2B7.jpeg
    33C8F819-9C15-42EE-BD8C-47F0B289A2B7.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: W2EJ
Where were you launching from? I’m from just outside the city. Would to fly from Grandview but I’m assuming that’s a NFZ. Also the view is already from on high , not sure what a drone can add to it
I launched from Grandview, exactly as you thought. Your picture is also excellent!

Reactions: Bob1956
I launched from Grandview, exactly as you thought. Your picture is also excellent!
Thank-you. If Grandview is Ok to fly, Next time I'm in the city (probably the holidays) I'll bring the Mavic. From the incline platform it looks like just woods, a rail road, parking lot and a lightly used road to cross, then over the river (Google earth view). I remember a few years ago a floatplane pilot stirred up controversy when he landed on the river in that same area. Heard he went under a couple bridges and barely over a couple others.

I originally wanted to launch right across from the church on Grandview, but I couldn’t find any non concrete to take off from without going on someone’s property, like the church. Just about a block further west, however, I found the perfect spot. With already being up so high, communication with the bird was fantastic. The football stadium had people in it, so I steered clear of it, but the Pirates were out of town, so PNC Park was doable, and luckily the infield was uncovered.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa