Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking For Pittsburgh Advice

DroneTats

Reactions
Site
www.dronetat.com
Hello,

I've never been to Pittsburgh but will be visiting this weekend and hoping find some locals that can give me some advice where to fly for a twilight skyline shoot. Last minute I know but hoping this group comes through like it always does. Love this community and support!

Cheers!

Hello,

I've never been to Pittsburgh but will be visiting this weekend and hoping find some locals that can give me some advice where to fly for a twilight skyline shoot. Last minute I know but hoping this group comes through like it always does. Love this community and support!

Cheers!
Have you checked out You Tube videos?Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 9.48.27 AM.png
Here's a screenshot for a few. Just put into search "Pittsburgh Drone videos."

Dale
Miami

Try the Mount Washington overlook. I try to avoid the city but believe it’s legal to fly from there. Check your Air Aware or Air Control app before taking off. Enjoy the city.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoudThunder
Get up over the confluence of the rivers and shoot back at the city at night. Or get up over the Allegheny River bridges - there are 3 in a row all the same. At night with the reflections they are sure to please.

Try the Mount Washington overlook. I try to avoid the city but believe it’s legal to fly from there. Check your Air Aware or Air Control app before taking off. Enjoy the city.
Thank you! I'll definitely take a look as I believe that's on our list to checkout!

Get up over the confluence of the rivers and shoot back at the city at night. Or get up over the Allegheny River bridges - there are 3 in a row all the same. At night with the reflections they are sure to please.

Thank you! This is what I was hoping to hear. Much appreciated!

Reactions: LoudThunder
I've never been to Pittsburgh
I've never been there either, but you will need to be on the Westside at Sunrise and Eastside at Sunset

I would advise you to look for parks and school grounds (you said the weekend...) and other places that are wide open to fly.

Google to see if there are local ordnances that might make it problematic.

Also check B4YFly to plan your trip to avoid prohibited areas, Military bases, air ports, heliports, "Karen's house"… etc…

Good Luck

Reactions: PakNheat380
Nice work! Where were you flying from? Mt. Washington?
Thank you! We didn't have time to get far from the hotel so I flew from the park at Fort Pitt. Truly cool area where the two rivers come together to form the Ohio. I flew with 70% charge in my three batteries so didn't have a lot of time but I'm glad it worked out and I got her in the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64