DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POI Cinematic Test

Deckyon

Reactions
I am still learning, and have come up with some settings I like for video. It requires a little color correction and saturation boost in post, but I would rather be in control of that than the camera. Shot in ART with -1, -3, -3. I also used selective focus to create the cinematic look. I focused on the car, which allows the edges and corners to be a little soft. I love the look, so far, and much experimenting is required. But considering I want to use the drone more for crane and dolly shots, this is going to be key, and I need to get with my editor (my REAL editor) to see how he wants things.

Having 3 batteries is key, but I actually recommend 4 total, as then you can fly non-stop an entire day, always having a full battery ready to go.

Reactions: Frederick Hagan
What I'm struggling with is the tendency for vertical lines to jiggle.
It happens in the paving slabs here.
A touch of Gaussian Blur seems to reduce it quite a bit.
Also a setting intended for skin smoothing works quite well set low.
I'm surprised you have sharpening on -1 because I think that's what introduces it?

I am taking some advice from a few spots that are recommending those settings. Now, if it s something in the editing, that may be me - I am not an editor by any means. When it comes to the team I am on, I am the Director of Photography and Camera Operator, not editor. I am learning as I am going on this.

Premiere used to have an antialias filter was quite good on Vision Plus footage which also had the artefacts problem, the CC version doesn't have it but there are some de-noising things might help.
Video taken in lower light seems to be less troublesome so probably ND filters are especially beneficial (but will be awful fiddly on that tiny lens!)

Will have the Polar Pro filters (6-set) whenever they ship. They are definitely in need so I can get a popper shutter speed in relation to fps... (we shoot 24fps, so I need a shutter closer to 50 or 60.) Our editor uses DaVinci (Full, not the free version, our main camera is a Blackmagic 4k)

I need more hands on and some howto's (working on it) with the software. I have Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 and have DaVinci Resolve (free). This is a whole learning process for me so far, and it is getting fun and a little frustrating as I figure things out. If I shot for money, it would make sense for me to get formal training in editing and get the full version of DaVinci.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje