DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POI videos not saving...

Bensjamming

Reactions
So I went out today and wanted to try POI around a local lighthouse on the end of the break wall or pier. Flew out there set the POI location, then radius and started the flight mode. It went around about 3 times saying it was recording. When I was done I hit the stop sign on the left of the screen and confirmed to stop that mode. Then restarted the video and flew around a bit more.

The video on the way out there and the one after the POI shot saved fine but not the POI shot. Also tried this on my house one time and it didn't save but thought maybe it was me.

So am I doing something wrong when stopping the shot to make it not save? Should I hit the red recording button to stop the camera 1st then stop the AC from the POI mode after? Thought canceling that mode would stop the video and save it but I must be wrong and doing it in the wrong order.

Any help would be appreciated.

In my experience the only mode that in any way affects recording is Quickshot which you initiate when recording is OFF and it automatically starts/stops recording as it moves along the flightpath. Starting/stopping recording in completely manual in all other modes.

Ahh... Ok. Thought it started recording by itself so I stopped recording, then setup the POI shot and started the video again after I was done with it. So maybe I'm just an idiot and not hitting the record button although I thought I remember it counting on a timer under the record button while circling.... I'll have to watch next time and see.

Sure it disappointing when you get back home and go to check out these "cool shots" to only find out they aren't there.

There's a timer for how long one full rotation takes in POI mode, maybe that's what you saw?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78