DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Point of interest uninteresting.

freightshaker

Reactions
Today I wanted to try out the poi and was pretty disappointed. Wanted to do a car ad type of shot, hovered over vehicle, backed outward then disappointment number 1. Needs a large 40' diameter. Okay then disappointment number 2. Must have 20' altitude. Wanted to circle vehicle at just above grill level, approximately 4 feet.
Yes, I know I can use tripod mode but it won't be a circular arc & the corners won't be nearly as smooth. Before you ask, I have Drone harmony & litchi as well.

you have to move the drone away from POI and when you select use your finger to draw around the POI. it will show a blue rectangle. then press go.

you have to move the drone away from POI and when you select use your finger to draw around the POI. it will show a blue rectangle. then press go.
POI on Mavic Air doesn't work that way. What you described is a new Point of Interest mode on Mavic 2. On Mavic Air it's necessary to hover above POI to lock its position and then as described by OP.

Today I wanted to try out the poi and was pretty disappointed. Wanted to do a car ad type of shot, hovered over vehicle, backed outward then disappointment number 1. Needs a large 40' diameter. Okay then disappointment number 2. Must have 20' altitude. Wanted to circle vehicle at just above grill level, approximately 4 feet.
Yes, I know I can use tripod mode but it won't be a circular arc & the corners won't be nearly as smooth. Before you ask, I have Drone harmony & litchi as well.
that's a height/distance limitation on POI mode. beed thinking abou this too and found out that when you use Active track mode instead, you can select the object visually and it's possible to circle much lower and closer to it. It's not possible to set up exact speed and distance but it's possible to do it closer and lower.

see my video:

and POI itself isn't necessarily to be boring..this wooden tower scene is made just with POI mode:

This was a quick attempt and still figuring out the software. Unfortunately during the circle I tried to get lower but it limits your altitude. But I saw a reply I'll need to try next week.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic