DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar antenna for the Titan Cyclone conversion

angusc

Reactions
I recently purchased the Titan Cyclone booster and while I plan to use it mostly with the booster attached, I can see times when I would like to use the remote controller without the booster pack. Does anyone know which polar antenna can be used with the QMA x SMA adaptors?

I saw that maaxUAV also have a "tactical case" that uses some polar antenna but unfortunately they have not replied to my emails about availability for use with the Titan Cyclone setup.

So if anyone has some information about that and what type of antenna might work best.....thank you.

i thought that titan sold separate antennas for what you are looking for. Check out

Titan Drones, Inc.
Yes thank you for the link. Has anyone tried these and have some range information? There are no technical specs for these antenna so not sure of the db gains that they might have.......

Easier to reach Jake at maxxuav by text. He will get back to you and my experience with him was great. I have an evolite kit with a nanosync antenna. Right now I get about 4 bars at around 12000ft. Haven't gone further because of battery but the antenna is a beast.

80d99ddadd722c0e9669e6d8dcebb801.jpg

Yes thank you for the link. Has anyone tried these and have some range information? There are no technical specs for these antenna so not sure of the db gains that they might have.......

I use the Titan whip antennas of my Atlas by themselves on the Mavic and Spark controllers, they are 5dbi.

They are probably better than spec because of the conversion and the better antenna wires used in that.

These are the same whip antennas used on the Titan Tactical Case for the Mavic pro.

Best to talk to Titan directly, Titan Drones, Inc., Toll Free 1-866-202-5624,[email protected]

Last edited:
Thanx guys!

I will order a set from them for travelling use. I do find the Titan Cyclone a bit front heavy but will add a neck strap hooked off to the front antenna sockets to solve that issue.

Just using the Titan whip antennas alone is better than stock works great for when you don’t need boost

Reactions: angusc
Thanx guys!

I will order a set from them for travelling use. I do find the Titan Cyclone a bit front heavy but will add a neck strap hooked off to the front antenna sockets to solve that issue.

Not sure what your flying with, maybe you need to balance it out with a Ipad or Crystalsky ;) and hang that off the bottom

crystal sky spark mount - Copy (2).jpg

titan 1 small - Copy.jpg

I placed an order for the cyclone with the whip antennas I can not wait until I get my hands on it.

Which frequency did you get in the Atlas 2.4ghz or the 5.8ghz ?

Not sure what your flying with, maybe you need to balance it out with a Ipad or Crystalsky ;) and hang that off the bottom

View attachment 26214

View attachment 26215
Thanx but I'm an Android user with Samsung S7. So no counter weight tablet option door me. I think the neck strap should work out OK but I haven't got one yet....maybe from my Canon SLR camera bag if I can find it.....

Thanx but I'm an Android user with Samsung S7. So no counter weight tablet option door me. I think the neck strap should work out OK but I haven't got one yet....maybe from my Canon SLR camera bag if I can find it.....

I'd just get one of these cheap lanyard brackets

lanyard bracket.jpg.jpg

I found it still off balance hence why I made a plate for the other side of the RC attached to to the t mount plate

Yes I think the neck strap support will need to be at the front of the controller, or possibly attached either side of the Titan Cyclone antenna/battery pack.

ok I thought you you wanted to use the whips with the cyclone

As I have the Atlas I can choose to use the Atlas or just the whips

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones