DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro Katana?

Great question on the Heat!
DJI has very smart engineers and they designed the Mavic very well. They have a large heat sink on the bottom of the aircraft that pulls heat away from the CPU and GPU, and they have a fan that pushes air over it to dissipate heat when the Mavic is not flying. Its a great design and works very well. So when you notice the Mavic getting warm/hot its actually the heat sink at the bottom, doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing.

Hopefully that answers your question!
-Jeff from PolarPro

This. Even after sitting dead still and insulated by carpet that heatsink isn't more than 120-130F (as evidenced by being able to comfortably touch it with bare skin). Even if the CPU and/or components themselves are 10-20F hotter, that's nothing to worry about at all.

How about posting some video samples shot with the device? I see you just have some stills of the device but nothing generated by it.
Thanks in advance

Here is a real-estate video we shot using only the Mavic. All the indoor shots were filmed with the Katana. Shooting real estate is just one example of how you can utilize the Katana to turn your Mavic into an all-in-one cam:

-Jeff from PolarPro

Jeff,
Just to confirm, the battery life on Mavic when using Katana is about 1.5hr of continuous shooting?

Katana users I have an IPad mini and I want to fix it on the Katana So what is the best Add gear mount I should buy? Thank you

Jeff,
Just to confirm, the battery life on Mavic when using Katana is about 1.5hr of continuous shooting?
I don't think DJI has an official spec on that, but from our experience when shooting as a ground-cam, yes is about 90 minutes give or take.

-Jeff from PolarPro

Katana users I have an IPad mini and I want to fix it on the Katana So what is the best Add gear mount I should buy? Thank you

Right now any iPad mount that mounts to a 1/4 20 will work.
If you search iPad tripod mount that will work.

Our iPad mount is still a month or so out,

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Right now any iPad mount that mounts to a 1/4 20 will work.
If you search iPad tripod mount that will work.

Our iPad mount is still a month or so out,

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Jeff,
Thank for your reply, I am little confuse I got The answer from Polar pro :“ The Phone Mount included will only fit up to an iPhone 7 Plus with a case. -PolarPro

Can you send me the link of the mount for iPad ( mini) that will fit on the Katana

Jeff,
Thank for your reply, I am little confuse I got The answer from Polar pro :“ The Phone Mount included will only fit up to an iPhone 7 Plus with a case. -PolarPro

Can you send me the link of the mount for iPad ( mini) that will fit on the Katana

The phone mount that comes with the Katana fits up to an IP7 Plus with case (84mm tall).

If you want to use a tablet, you can unscrew the included phone mount from the 1/4 20.
At that point you can screw any 1/4 20 Tablet Tripod mount in the phone mounts place.

Search tablet tripod mount on Amazon and almost any of those will work.
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: debric france
There probably will not be any hands on reviews until we start shipping next week but personally I have been using it and it provides a great platform to capture precise ground shots. Of course I like it, but I think a lot of others will too, it opens up a lot of creative possibilities with the Mavic.

The amount of power the Mavic uses on the ground is very minimal, and there are internal fans in the Mavic to keep it cool. It still gets warm, just like any battery device does, but the camera itself does not pull a lot of power at all, I have had up to 1.5 hr long battery life with using it as a ground cam.

For those who don't know what the Katana is:
Katana - DJI Mavic Tray

-Jeff from PolarPro

Hi!

The Katana looks awesome =)
But I am a little concerned about using the Mavic as a handheld. Is the gimbal designed to handle the impulse-like forces of walking/running?
The forces from flying are a lot more fluent and gradual. Are you sure the gimbal won't be damaged if you use it in this way?

Best
/Mikael

Reactions: debric france
Hi!

The Katana looks awesome =)
But I am a little concerned about using the Mavic as a handheld. Is the gimbal designed to handle the impulse-like forces of walking/running?
The forces from flying are a lot more fluent and gradual. Are you sure the gimbal won't be damaged if you use it in this way?

Best
/Mikael

Thanks for the question!
We can't really say how/what the gimbal was designed for because we are not DJI, however I can tell you that PolarPro renders the gimbal safe for use as a handheld. Footage running is not going to look good anyways, so I wouldn't worry about that scenario. They key with the Katana is to be as smooth on your feet as possible :)

So to summarize: The gimbal can handle it, but be a smooth as you can for your video's sake.

-Jeff from PolarPro

My one beef... no 1/4-20 screw mount on the bottom. Seriously, I'm thinking of having replacement parts 3D printed just to get that.

My one beef... no 1/4-20 screw mount on the bottom. Seriously, I'm thinking of having replacement parts 3D printed just to get that.

The feedback is appreciated! I will be sure to pass that along to our development team. We are always looking for ways to improve on our products.

- Oliver from PolarPro

Hi guys not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but I was wondering what the gimbal settings should be set at, for "Hand Held" use?

Hi guys not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but I was wondering what the gimbal settings should be set at, for "Hand Held" use?

They would be no different than flying, so you can use any setting you want to achieve whatever specific look you are going for. Let us know if you have any other questions! Happy to help, -Jeff from PolarPro

They would be no different than flying, so you can use any setting you want to achieve whatever specific look you are going for. Let us know if you have any other questions! Happy to help, -Jeff from PolarPro
Thanks Jeff. I'll spend some time playing with different the different settings.

Did you have a question on any of the reviews?
Its just like any product, some people love it, and some people dont need it.

You can always return it if its not for you, we have an awesome support team here :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

I wanted to purchase this but after seeing some of the reviewed pic's, I'm concerned. I do have a question; Has this been rectified? Thanks

I wanted to purchase this but after seeing some of the reviewed pic's, I'm concerned. I do have a question; Has this been rectified? Thanks
Im not sure what you are referring to, has what been rectified?
Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11