DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro Quality and disregards for the customer My Experience

DroneJI

Reactions
I purchased 3 ND/PL filters in a kit directly from Polar Pro and found some kind of Residue or Adhesive on the Frame of all 3 and some on the surface of one of the filters. I contacted Polar Pro about this and there response was rather shocking! They said it was normal for the Foam In the case to stick to the filters sometimes! and it’s not a big deal! just to clean It carefully! (This Stuff is Really Sticky could cause the filters to get scratched if dirt was caught in it!) and the same with the surface of the filters. Do they not take the way they packaged their products seriously! These are supposed to be the best of the best! The case they designed to protect the product should never leave a residue on the product! I have lots of Filters for my Pro DSlR equipment and none of the manufacturers would ever tell a customer the case may require you to clean the filters before each use! I purchased their product because they had the best overall reviews and seemed to make the best products for drones but if they can’t make a case to safely store the products and keep them clean especially from the case itself! There’s a problem with PP! These things are not cheap I have 67mm filters for my DSlR’s made of much better materials that cost less! After their “Just Deal With It” response I think I will be looking for another manufacturer of Mavic Accessories.

Reactions: Kilrah
You could always just clean the filters. Sticky residue normally comes off easily anyway. Then you can go back to enjoying your Mavic. Life’s too short to let sticky residue get in the way!

Reactions: HVYMTL
Or return them and buy a different brand filters. Lots out there and many that are cheaper and better quality than polar pro. Personally I like the Neewer filters and for the price can’t be beat.

nothing but good experiences with polarpro, have their filters and katana, lost a tightening bolt on the katana when i was in a hike, called to buy a replacement, sent me 2 bolts for free.

anyways, id call and let them know this is unacceptable and will be returning them for a different brand. take it from there.

nothing but good experiences with polarpro, have their filters and katana, lost a tightening bolt on the katana when i was in a hike, called to buy a replacement, sent me 2 bolts for free.

anyways, id call and let them know this is unacceptable and will be returning them for a different brand. take it from there.

I told them I wasn’t happy with the residue and their attitude about It. They did not respond to me again. My take is these are like buying a Harley, of a Porsche it better be perfect when I get it, some people may let these little things slide but these are not Walmart Products they are supposed to be the best! If when I purchased my DSLR equipment and there was manufacturing debris on any of it that would not fly with just about anyone! The way I look at it the drones are photography equipment and so are the accessories there not disposable at least not on my budget some may have the resources to buy and crash them at will?

absolutely agree, I've seen a couple representatives post here, hopefully they will see this and be able to sort you out, everyone has
a bad day, maybe send them photos of the
residue if you havent already, an even exchange would be the right thing to do.

Reactions: DroneJI
I told them I wasn’t happy with the residue and their attitude about It. They did not respond to me again.
@PolarPro is a member here. Perhaps they will chime in and help.

absolutely agree, I've seen a couple representatives post here, hopefully they will see this and be able to sort you out, everyone has
a bad day, maybe send them photos of the
residue if you havent already, an even exchange would be the right thing to do.

I just expected to get a product with unparalleled quality from them I was fine till they said just clean them the foam does this to them, I would think if I or anyone went out in the field with there new filters from a company like Polar Pro they would/should not have to worry about anything being wrong with the product, sure mistakes are made from time to time but to say it’s normal shows they don’t take workmanship seriously! But they sure do charge for it! A sorry this is something we are working on because of a supplier or something to that fact if it was factual would have been a better reply, I’m still not sure how the black foam is related to the Sticky substance I found on them? I thought it may be a adhesive used to hold the glass in place? Unless the foam is breaking down from contact with something else on the filters? This would also be a issue. But I’m still waiting for another response from them to see how they deal with this!

I purchased 3 ND/PL filters in a kit directly from Polar Pro and found some kind of Residue or Adhesive on the Frame of all 3 and some on the surface of one of the filters. I contacted Polar Pro about this and there response was rather shocking! They said it was normal for the Foam In the case to stick to the filters sometimes! and it’s not a big deal! just to clean It carefully! (This Stuff is Really Sticky could cause the filters to get scratched if dirt was caught in it!) and the same with the surface of the filters. Do they not take the way they packaged their products seriously! These are supposed to be the best of the best! The case they designed to protect the product should never leave a residue on the product! I have lots of Filters for my Pro DSlR equipment and none of the manufacturers would ever tell a customer the case may require you to clean the filters before each use! I purchased their product because they had the best overall reviews and seemed to make the best products for drones but if they can’t make a case to safely store the products and keep them clean especially from the case itself! There’s a problem with PP! These things are not cheap I have 67mm filters for my DSlR’s made of much better materials that cost less! After their “Just Deal With It” response I think I will be looking for another manufacturer of Mavic Accessories.

Hmm thats strange, could you forward me that email [email protected]. Our stance is the complete opposite of what you experienced, and I apologize for that. Shoot me an email and we will get you all taken care of. Thanks!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: Callum
I just expected to get a product with unparalleled quality from them I was fine till they said just clean them the foam does this to them, I would think if I or anyone went out in the field with there new filters from a company like Polar Pro they would/should not have to worry about anything being wrong with the product, sure mistakes are made from time to time but to say it’s normal shows they don’t take workmanship seriously! But they sure do charge for it! A sorry this is something we are working on because of a supplier or something to that fact if it was factual would have been a better reply, I’m still not sure how the black foam is related to the Sticky substance I found on them? I thought it may be a adhesive used to hold the glass in place? Unless the foam is breaking down from contact with something else on the filters? This would also be a issue. But I’m still waiting for another response from them to see how they deal with this!

Here is the response you should have received, and we will get this order refunded for you because you should not have been dismissed:
First thank you very much for supporting our brand, I am very sorry to hear you received a defective case, we will get those filters and case replaced immediately. There are two layers of foam in the cases which are held together with adhesive. When this adhesive gets too close to the filter cutouts it can touch the frames of the filters leaving behind some adhesive. This will not effect any critical functions, however you should have not received a flawed foam cutout. Please feel free to use the filters until your replacements arrive with the prepaid return label. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, we will make sure we get the adhesives applied further away from the filter cutouts on the case.

I tried looking up your order but could not find one, so if you can send me an email I promise I will deliver the service you expect from our brand. -Jeff from PolarPro [email protected]

Here is the response you should have received, and we will get this order refunded for you because you should not have been dismissed:
First thank you very much for supporting our brand, I am very sorry to hear you received a defective case, we will get those filters and case replaced immediately. There are two layers of foam in the cases which are held together with adhesive. When this adhesive gets too close to the filter cutouts it can touch the frames of the filters leaving behind some adhesive. This will not effect any critical functions, however you should have not received a flawed foam cutout. Please feel free to use the filters until your replacements arrive with the prepaid return label. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, we will make sure we get the adhesives applied further away from the filter cutouts on the case.

I tried looking up your order but could not find one, so if you can send me an email I promise I will deliver the service you expect from our brand. -Jeff from PolarPro [email protected]

I emailed you Jeff with a copy of the email from Polar Pro about how to deal with the Adhesive.

Reactions: PolarPro
And that right there^^^^^ is why polar Pro is the best..... awesome customer service. Anyway Life's too short to be worrying about residue on your filters just clean the frames off and you're all set that stuff is pretty easy to get off anyway. I had a little on one of my p4p filters was not a big deal!

You could always just clean the filters. Sticky residue normally comes off easily anyway. Then you can go back to enjoying your Mavic. Life’s too short to let sticky residue get in the way!
Except that by capitulating to low quality standards as customers, PolarPro learn nothing other than we are happy to accept their low standards, actually ‘not enough’ give feedback about poor quality, it’s not about winging and whining it’s getting what we pay for in the first place IMHO

Reactions: drw52jc
And that right there^^^^^ is why polar Pro is the best..... awesome customer service. Anyway Life's too short to be worrying about residue on your filters just clean the frames off and you're all set that stuff is pretty easy to get off anyway. I had a little on one of my p4p filters was not a big deal!

It was pretty bad, I wasn’t going to contaminate a lens cloth to clean this ! They admitted they need to adjust how much glue they use on the foam in the cases! I was out away from home when I discovered this ! Some people may take certain thing with a grain of salt but when I pay a premium for a product it should be in pristine condition! If you buy a new car especially a high end one and you find a scratch on the hood would you just say no big deal I’ll take it don’t worry about it these things happen? No most people would want another vehicle that was not damaged in anyway! Like I said before these are not Walmart products made in China! They are supposed to be the best! There was a lot of glue enough I had to pry the filters out with a plastic knife! At first I thought they were just tight fitted but they were basically glued to the foam! So yea I’m gonna get upset when they tell me just to clean them and it will be ok!

Reactions: ICHOTT and drw52jc
Except that by capitulating to low quality standards as customers, PolarPro learn nothing other than we are happy to accept their low standards, actually ‘not enough’ give feedback about poor quality, it’s not about winging and whining it’s getting what we pay for in the first place IMHO
He received a product that was not up to our standards, so we refunded him fully and sent out a new one for his troubles :)
We completely agree you should get what you pay for in the first place and if we make a mistake we fix it :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: ICHOTT and DroneJI
He received a product that was not up to our standards, so we refunded him fully and sent out a new one for his troubles :)
We completely agree you should get what you pay for in the first place and if we make a mistake we fix it :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

You did good by me in the end! It happens I was upset by the first response to the issue! But again it’s been taking are of.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom