DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro Cinema Series still problematic to gimbal?

The ND/PL filters are slightly taller.
There is manufacturing variance on the Mavic Camera, there is manufacturing variance on our filters.
When both variances are on opposite ends of the spectrum, they can slightly hit the gimbal (physical interference) causing error codes.

The Straight ND's are not as tall and there is no physical interference, which is why you will find a few customers are seeing some problems with the ND/PL's.

The current cure for users with Mavic cameras on the far end of the variance spec, is to use Straight ND filters, or let us work with them to get a set of ND/PL's that is within spec of their specific camera.

The ND/PL glass can not be put into the Straight ND frame because the glass is too tall.

-Jeff

I appreciate your response. I really would like to have a set of these Cinema Series Vivid Filters. Would you be open to a discount?

They have all been updated, a few people are experiencing fitment issues with some the the ND/PL's however it is not a majority of them shipped. We are more than happy to work on getting you refunded if yours do not work out,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I've mentioned to my reseller.
BTW, I'm assuming you guys support globally?
  • I'm from Australia and have ordered the 6 pack cinema series through riseabove.com.au and they have yet to hear any ETAs from PolarPro regarding shipments. (I'm guessing it's a large order, not sure)

Thanks Jeff, I've mentioned to my reseller.
BTW, I'm assuming you guys support globally?
  • I'm from Australia and have ordered the 6 pack cinema series through riseabove.com.au and they have yet to hear any ETAs from PolarPro regarding shipments. (I'm guessing it's a large order, not sure)
You are very welcome, Yes we can support globally, but all of our resellers will be able to support you as well. Our supply is very constrained right now, and we are slowly filling our reseller orders as we shipped all of our website preorders first.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Jeff

I don't want to knock any one and all the filters came our before dji released there's which is great .
Now dji have released there's is it not best to stick with a product produced by the same company .
People have said dji look fragile and cheap but this is probably due to tolerance of gimbal and weight restrictions .
I know I'd prefer to replace a broken dji filter than a mavic gimbal .
I have a set and yes they look cheap but they fit snug work well and you don't feel like you are putting any strain on the camera or gimbal .
And Jeff from polar pro I'm disappointed dji don't make a 36 , have you thought of making your quality product but copying dji fit and releasing more filters , they snap on and off brilliantly and clip into a recesse on camera lens .
Personally I'd pay more for a product from you with nice case more filters but weight and fitment would need to copy dji

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I don't want to knock any one and all the filters came our before dji released there's which is great .
Now dji have released there's is it not best to stick with a product produced by the same company .
People have said dji look fragile and cheap but this is probably due to tolerance of gimbal and weight restrictions .
I know I'd prefer to replace a broken dji filter than a mavic gimbal .
I have a set and yes they look cheap but they fit snug work well and you don't feel like you are putting any strain on the camera or gimbal .
And Jeff from polar pro I'm disappointed dji don't make a 36 , have you thought of making your quality product but copying dji fit and releasing more filters , they snap on and off brilliantly and clip into a recesse on camera lens .
Personally I'd pay more for a product from you with nice case more filters but weight and fitment would need to copy dji
Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

We build products that will last, and are up to the optics standards ourselves and of our Pro Team. Our filters are constructed out of materials that you can count on in the field. We also stand behind them with a lifetime warranty.

Installing our filters should not put any strain on the gimbal at all. There seems to be a few cases where our filters fit snug, but we are more than happy to replace those and work with those pilots to get them dialed in.

If you are interested in having a high quality product that most people don't have problems installing and removing, I challenge you to try our filters out and test them for yourself. We have a great return policy and there is zero risk to you except for time.

We build products that will last, and are up to the optics standards ourselves and of our Pro Team. Our filters are constructed out of materials that you can count on in the field. We also stand behind them with a lifetime warranty.

Installing our filters should not put any strain on the gimbal at all. There seems to be a few cases where our filters fit snug, but we are more than happy to replace those and work with those pilots to get them dialed in.

If you are interested in having a high quality product that most people don't have problems installing and removing, I challenge you to try our filters out and test them for yourself. We have a great return policy and there is zero risk to you except for time.
I concur with PolarPro on the fit and finish. Very nice quality and I'm happy with the way they fit. Tight but not too tight.

What this guy demonstrates works great.

Ya but what he doesn't say is how easily that retainer falls out after it's cut. I did a test on my ND4 (the least used) and sure it was way easier to remove but the next time I went to actually use it the retainer I cut was gone. The filters are hard to remove at first but they do get easier I promise.

Also I just did 12 startups twice with all 6 filters rotated 180 degrees between tests respectively and none of them caused any gimbal errors.

Last edited:
Here's some from DJI. No gimbal problems........Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Andart
Well, I initially ordered the DJI set and as usual, they were late delivering to finally get an email for a delivery at best in march. So I cancelled my order and placed a new one with Polar Pro.

I got to say amazing quality, fit absolutely fine on mine, no problem whatsoever, definitely in the lucky side. I am based in the UK, and I received my order in less than a week, you can't fault that.

You pay a little more and I got to admit that at first I was hesitating. But you get what you pay for, and in that case that's all about quality. No regrets, I highly recommend them.

Reactions: ACR
Been a PolarPro user since the early days when we hung GoPro's under our Phantom 1s BEFORE we had gimbals (yes there was a time not long ago that these gimbals didn't exist). Then when we did have the technology you had to tweak PIDs and sometimes you would get a nice smooth shot. Does anyone here remember the Beholder Lite 2 Axis Gimbal and the H32D with the 3rd axis mod? Anyway these guys at PolarPro have been around for a while, and their CS is second to none. If you're having startup issues contact them, they'll sort it out.

A short video I posted recently of wintery Wyoming. I'm on the east coast of Kenya now, hopefully the winds calm down and I can get my Mavic up in the air.

Last edited:
I've had a similar experience with the Cinema Vivid filters. The build quality using aluminum looks great, but fitting on the camera is problematic. I've had the gimbal fail initialization 50-75% of the time without touching the filter in anyway. It may work the first try, then power down to switch battery. On restart initialization fails and I can hear the camera hitting the gimbal.

I also found that 1 of the 3 filters is difficult to remove without fear of damage to the gimbal. I suggest waiting until they nail down their QC. I purchased from BH Photo/Video and have requested a return. I didn't try working with PolarPro as I'm about to leave on an extended vacation so the return is the easiest for me. So I cannot comment on PolarPro's customer service.

I did like the build quality using aluminum and the optics appear to be very good. I figure they will work out the fit issue eventually and will investigate more upon my return.

I received my PolarPro Cinema Vivid Series today and have recorded 2 flights plus numerous startup/shutdowns solely for testing, and everything performed normal with the gimbal. I can see that if you do NOT install the filter properly, as in completely compressed on the camera, you may have issues. I 1st set the filter next the camera to see where it should stop at on the camera was installed. Had I not done that, the filter would not have been fully installed. I installed the filter by leaving the clear gimbal lock in place. I'll add more info plus video in the next day or so.

I had the hang -up problem and complained about it. Jeff from PolarPro suggested that I try some replacement filters.
I received them today (2 days after email) and tried them out in the house.
After about 20 start ups, I have had no gimbal problems.
I will fly a few times in the next couple of days to be sure, but expect them to be OK.

Has anyone tried the Neewer brand or the SkyReat brand of lens filters for the Mav? The Neewer brand is only $39 for a set of 4 - made specifically for the Mavic. I want to get a set up I'm waiting to see what the best brand is at the best value.

Thoughts?

Tray in Dallas

Has anyone tried the Neewer brand or the SkyReat brand of lens filters for the Mav? The Neewer brand is only $39 for a set of 4 - made specifically for the Mavic. I want to get a set up I'm waiting to see what the best brand is at the best value.

Thoughts?

Tray in Dallas

Hi Tray,
We have a few options, if you are on a budget and looking for the best price we have a 3-pack that is $49.99 it still includes the lifetime warranty:
DJI Mavic Filter 3-Pack

If you are looking for the best optics, we have the Cinema Series available:
DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series 6-Pack

I think I could go out on a limb here and say that we have the best brand support, warranty, and customer service,

Jeff

Reactions: DRONE-flies-YOU

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu