DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Police evidence.

Pilch72

Reactions
Can anyone tell me if DJI store or flight logs, I wan't to use my flight logs to show police. I have all my logs but need to know if I delete them can they are they still with DJI. If I can delete them and they are gone for good, then it does not help me use them as evidence.

Can anyone tell me if DJI store or flight logs, I wan't to use my flight logs to show police. I have all my logs but need to know if I delete them can they are they still with DJI. If I can delete them and they are gone for good, then it does not help me use them as evidence.

Why not download them after your flights? What did you do?

Reactions: WAXMAN

I'm not a cop or a lawyer so take this for what you paid for it. But I'm pretty sure chain of custody means something. If you intend to use your logs as evidence in any legal proceeding, I would minimize 3rd party storage as much as possible as you can attest to its authenticity. Save it and hold it offline in a safe place, take responsibility for giving out copies and log everyone you give it to.

My .02, your change may vary.

^exactly. the golden rule is if it's being used against you, the chain of custody means nothing and it proves your guilty. if you are trying to use it on your behalf (against someone bigger than you), then you data is corrupt, it's been tampered with, there's no way to prove it's authentic so it means little to nothing.

nobody seems to have a problem with using videos on yt as evidence and those google guys happen to be the biggest 3rd party storage unit the world has ever seen. :)

honestly, you're always going to need something to support the evidence.

Your app stores your flight data.
Despite all the paranoia about DJI spying on you, DJI only get to see your flight data if you synch flight records (upload to their servers).
If you haven't synched flight records and delete them from your phone/tablet and want the records, you're out of luck.

Depending on model (wasn't specified in a general forum), you might be able to get a usable copy from the AC using Assistant.
On board logs are cyclically stored so download soon before it gets overwritten.

Reactions: Thor-USA
Thanks everyone, I have a neighbor that is alleging that I follow him around his property with my drones (mavic pro and Mavic air). There has been an intervention order initiated by police, just wanting to use my flight logs to show police that it in not true, since finding out that he has a problem with my drones I have not flown anywhere near his property.

Reactions: Thomas B and AMann
Best of luck. Guess you don’t really have “neighbor”, but a someone who lives close... who doesn’t have the character to simply ask you.... which would have been less effort for everyone. Wonder what the overworked police are not pursuing in order to do this

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes