DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Policy question

Reactions
I’ve never crashed my mavic air2. Infrequent flier in fact which plays to my question. One front arm on the drone clicks on opening and closing then the hinge cap underneath brakes off. Drone on its 2nd year with a renewed fly away and crash policy. A) will this be covered. B) what could I have possibly done to have prevented this?

Attachments

• C2195DA5-7572-4BCD-934E-6136CEF980A7.jpeg
    C2195DA5-7572-4BCD-934E-6136CEF980A7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Providing flyaway coverage INCLUDES care refresh then I can seen no reason why it would NOT be covered.

What could you have done to prevent it, precious little I suspect. If this is anti tamper sealed like a Mavic 2 I suspect you will find that the screw left in the cover has a plug of sealant on it. If that was missing DJI could say the drone had been tampered with.
Did you see that the actual body shell is cracked or broken where that screw goes into it. I'd guess the shoulder of the screw hole has split.

Providing flyaway coverage INCLUDES care refresh then I can seen no reason why it would NOT be covered.

What could you have done to prevent it, precious little I suspect. If this is anti tamper sealed like a Mavic 2 I suspect you will find that the screw left in the cover has a plug of sealant on it. If that was missing DJI could say the drone had been tampered with.
Did you see that the actual body shell is cracked or broken where that screw goes into it. I'd guess the shoulder of the screw hole has split.
The screw has a bit of the body shell material around it. Which in order for me to repair it would mean me glueing that back in place. I’m worried because the hinge piece is slowly slipping out every time I open and close the leg. Seems to fly securely but I do plan on sending it back. I’d love to be able to pay an upgrade difference for an air2 s.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming