DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Are you going to buy a Spark?

Are you going to be buying a Spark?

• I currently own a Mavic and will be buying a Spark but will be keeping both.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I currently own a Mavic and will be buying a Spark but probably selling my Mavic.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I dont own either but I will be buying a Mavic.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I dont own either but I will be buying a Spark.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • I currently own a Mavic, and will not be buying a Spark.

Votes: 62 52.5%

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
Just trying to get an idea of how many of us are going to get one. I intend to have a few (dozen) for spare parts purposes. This poll may be a little bit premature, but if the Spark lives up to your expectations, would you sell you Mav and keep the Spark?

I am really on the fence about this. I suspect a 10 minute flight time, which really bugs me. But on the other hand, I know this is made for a different purpose than the Mavic (which I have). The Mavic can be taken out for joy-flying, and cinematic stuff where the Spark seems to be intended for use as a quick pocket camera - small enough to carry around wherever, and just pull out while you are hanging with the gang/family doing whatever.

I also feel an updated version will come out later with foldable arms.

I'm probably going to end up getting it since I'm just a gadget geek, just not sure if I'm going to regret it (Fly More combo is about $940 CDN)

Reactions: Former Member
I guess I'm a DJI junkie. I've had P2V, P2V+, P2V2 w/GoPro, P3P, P4, Mavic (2 of them) but no P4P. I've already ordered my Spark Fly More! Each of these products has been great. I've still using my P4 and Mavic lots and the Spark will fit right in. And when the P5 comes out I'll probably have to get that too. LOL.

I am really on the fence about this. I suspect a 10 minute flight time, which really bugs me. But on the other hand, I know this is made for a different purpose than the Mavic (which I have). The Mavic can be taken out for joy-flying, and cinematic stuff where the Spark seems to be intended for use as a quick pocket camera - small enough to carry around wherever, and just pull out while you are hanging with the gang/family doing whatever.

I also feel an updated version will come out later with foldable arms.

I'm probably going to end up getting it since I'm just a gadget geek, just not sure if I'm going to regret it (Fly More combo is about $940 CDN)

I agree about the fact that it does not have foldable arms like the Mavic. That would have made it 100% as far as Im concerned. I think most of us here are gadget geeks too, so youre not alone.

Reactions: R1Mavic
I guess I'm a DJI junkie. I've had P2V, P2V+, P2V2 w/GoPro, P3P, P4, Mavic (2 of them) but no P4P. I've already ordered my Spark Fly More! Each of these products has been great. I've still using my P4 and Mavic lots and the Spark will fit right in. And when the P5 comes out I'll probably have to get that too. LOL.

Same here. I have not been disappointed in any DJI product, except when the Mavic first came out and had to wait almost 3 months to get one. But well worth the wait.

On the fence getting the bundle. Like others said, folding arms and flight time are holding me back.

I won't be getting one because no folding arms and the crippled EU range. It's also missing DNG output which is kind of a big deal.

I think it looks really cool. I have a Mavic. The Spark seems redundant. That and I don't understand why they made it actually larger, in some aspects, than the Mavic. It would be tiny if the arms were foldable. That said I was skeptical about the Mavic because of it's size. This is even smaller. It is awesome but i will pass.

Yep. But They should put a built-in "cage" on the props since it cant be folded :(

Last edited:
Which of the 3 axes is missing from the gimbal as compared to the mavic? (Even though my mavic gimbal sucks at maintaining horizon if it is moved in any direction)

The reason it's not foldable is most likely for durability given the target market is absolute novices. Folding mechanisms and the Mavic's gimbal system are fragile, the Spark will likely take a number of crashes without issue.

Reactions: royalhghnss
I ordered a Spark as soon as they were available, but later cancelled. I think it is way too expensive for what it offers.

I love my Mavic, and I'll be first in line to order the Mavic 2 if it comes with the P4P 1" camera sensor.

The reason it's not foldable is most likely for durability given the target market is absolute novices. Folding mechanisms and the Mavic's gimbal system are fragile, the Spark will likely take a number of crashes without issue.

This is why I got one. We're constantly crashing our Mavics and I feel like the Spark will hold up better / be a good backup on a shoot in case both Mavics are broken.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123