Votes: 65 38.5%
  • I have a skin and Im not/wasnt happy with it

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I dont have a skin but Im probably going to buy one

Votes: 33 19.5%
  • Im not going to buy a skin

Votes: 66 39.1%

• Total voters
Mine was a boring grey so updated to this web design. Not many like this round here...

Attachments

• B290036E-6046-4528-8468-6D80358124FF.jpeg
    B290036E-6046-4528-8468-6D80358124FF.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 121
Reactions: Obi~wan
I like skins for the reason most like it. Makes your UAS distinct, personal and protects it from small scratches and dings. I did have to send mine to DJI for repairs and they asked me to remove the shin. You cannot reuse a skin. I tried to save it, but stretches too much and gets cut up. Had to buy a new one, same pattern. I found a skin that yelled at me when I saw it. I love to tell everyone I bought my Mavic used and show it to them and ask, "Do you think it was too used?" I love the initial reaction from people that don't know much about drones.20170810_161438.jpg

I remember putting stickers on my skateboards when I was a kid. I don't put them on my drones though.

I will never wrap my bird in any kind of extra layer. I fear it will be over heating. Change balance and weight. Peel suddenly and end up in a propeller... Anything which is not DJI original part have no consideration of me out of my floats.

Reactions: Nomadz and Mario T
Not for me, it's just a tool to get a photo; I don't really care what it looks like.

I was thinking of getting a skin for the sole purpose of having my information printed on it. I tried a label printed sticker but it’s already coming off.

LOVE that look!! Always been a fan of “tone in tone” nice job!!

Diversity is life blood.

BTW: I used to put stickers on my toys when I was a kid too .... and I still do. : - }~

I like skins. I have a black camo wrap on my Mavic. See video

Last edited:
Reactions: LIMavicPilot
For those who do have the skins, where can you get just the top portion of skin, or do you have to buy the whole thing? Checked out DecalGirl, anyone else I can look at?

Reactions: Skymax
Fetishism (ˈfediSHizəm) noun
Worship of an inanimate object for its supposed magical powers or because it is considered to be inhabited by a spirit.

Similar to beliefs by the indigenous peoples of Melanesia during WWII who worshipped military aircraft for the treasures (4K footage?) they brought from the sky. See also: “Cargo Cult” trailer.

Reactions: Rnl
How does it always end up with some weird stuff on here. What in the world does making your drone look different or personalized go from something personal to worshiping or magical?

This isn’t Hogwarts and I’m pretty sure nobody here is worshiping their drone. Some don’t care for it some do, end of story.

It’s a hobby. For some the entire idea is to customize it. Just like I customize and modify every single car I have ever owned.

For those who do have the skins, where can you get just the top portion of skin, or do you have to buy the whole thing? Checked out DecalGirl, anyone else I can look at?

Go to you're local vinyl sign shop and see what they have in the way of colours, (that's how we spell it here), sometimes you can find a piece in the scrap bin. I agree, some of the Wrap jobs I have seen on the motor arms make it look worse.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom