Votes: 65 38.5%
  • I have a skin and Im not/wasnt happy with it

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I dont have a skin but Im probably going to buy one

Votes: 33 19.5%
  • Im not going to buy a skin

Votes: 66 39.1%

• Total voters
i do not have anything on my AC but really would like to have some type of strobe lights to help me see it. BTY I never fly it out of my LOS. the decale thing is OK if you like that kind of thing I really think it is more of a feel good element than a functional one.
I have equipment to cut and apply vinyl and the only thing I have added is FAA# .
The only other thing I woul add is a company logo if I ever get into this thing commercially.
mikemoose55

Reactions: Former Member
6890B4C4-D816-4AB7-8004-E710910FFA5E.png
i do not have anything on my AC but really would like to have some type of strobe lights to help me see it. BTY I never fly it out of my LOS. the decale thing is OK if you like that kind of thing I really think it is more of a feel good element than a functional one.
I have equipment to cut and apply vinyl and the only thing I have added is FAA# .
The only other thing I woul add is a company logo if I ever get into this thing commercially.
mikemoose55
This is what you’re looking for.

I had a Phantomrain wet suit, it didn't end well. The battery was too difficult to insert all the way. My grandson swapped batteries for me, then 5 seconds and 62 feet into the flight, it popped out. The P4P was a total loss. Thanks to @Thunderdrones and State Farm, I got a shiny new one.

It's just too much money for a piece of vinyl that costs cents, and they only look good from the top.
from the sides and bottom the Gaps look like a dog's breakfast.
(If I see another fake carbon fiber skin i will vomit.)

I love my decal girl one

Attachments

• 9CA42509-19E1-4614-832E-27CEC387D280.jpeg
    9CA42509-19E1-4614-832E-27CEC387D280.jpeg
    981 KB · Views: 80
  • D74723BE-A4FD-49C4-81EA-CF08F815D6CF.jpeg
    D74723BE-A4FD-49C4-81EA-CF08F815D6CF.jpeg
    957.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 1257A389-06B2-4E8A-B231-FB6CCDA8E004.jpeg
    1257A389-06B2-4E8A-B231-FB6CCDA8E004.jpeg
    873.6 KB · Views: 70
As for Skins..
I recently added one to mine, and it went on very nice, easy, great fit etc... I paid less than $15..
Chose something easy to see since I've seen way too many people losing their drones in various terrains and every time its been somewhat difficult to nearly impossible to find them even with the GPS co-ordinates to track.
(I saw 1 guy lose his in a shallow pond and he searched with a RC sub and the bottom was very dark and the Mavic grey blends in very well with the debris down there- btw- he never did find it.:mad:)
I just wanted to add every advantage possible to recovering mine if anything unplanned (emergency landing, mechanical failure, etc.) should ever happen to me :(.
Also, another couple of notes, up at max altitude it has a good shine to it, making it easier to locate as well and lastly, there's been zero signal degradation.
Until someone adds a signal flare launcher:rolleyes: for the MP, I'll probably keep a very visible "sticker"/ Skin on it just in case...
Safe flights to all of you .. >

95B4203F-AD6D-4762-BC87-7A0E2E1C7B46.jpeg Was never a great fan of skins but decided to give it a go after birds were taking too much interest in the drone and having to resort to evasive flying which doesn’t help with photography. Pleased with the result though and no further bird problems. So far so good.

Last edited:
View attachment 38915 Was never a great fan of skins but decided to give it a go after birds were taking too much interest in the drone and having to resort to evasive flying which doesn’t help with photography. Pleased with the result though and no further bird problems. So far so good.

Great color choice. I like the metal flakes.

d5d0c3f94180c078dcbd5e1762360448.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78