DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Has your Mavic fallen from the sky for unknown reasons?

Has you Mavic ever "fallen from the sky?"

• My Mavic was made before March 2017 and has never fallen from the sky.

• My Mavic was made during or after March 2017 and has never fallen from the sky.

• My Mavic was made BEFORE March 2017 and HAS fallen from the sky for unknown reasons.

• My Mavic was made DURING March 2017 and HAS fallen from the sky for unknown reasons

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have hundreds of flights on different Mavics and Phantoms, and never once did I have a bird "fall from the sky" for unknown reasons, or any other reason. If your Mavic has never fallen from the sky, or if it has please cast your vote, and feel free to elaborate how many flights/hours you have on your bird so we can at least come up with a statistic.

I lost all control while at roughly 700 ft/agl while at a distance of about 1/4 mile. (Mind you I live out in the country where there is absolutely no traffic and I am flying over flat farm lands - and I have checked with local FAA officials and I am cleared to proceed... before some liberal jumps on me for breaking a rule that they believe should be enforced) While at this height/distance the mavic started to fall rapidly while spinning at the same time. Luckily I was able to kill the motors and start them back up before crashing. (I will get the video uploaded soon!). I had complete visibility but absolutely no control over the drone. Much to say I was sucking cotton!!!
My signal strength was great, GPS was locked and all lights were green, winds were less than 5 knots. So I would like to know what, why and how..... I'm afraid to fly the thing again to tell you the truth.

While at this height/distance the mavic started to fall rapidly while spinning at the same time. Luckily I was able to kill the motors and start them back up before crashing.

Sounds like a bird strike, wind shear or a tornado. The motors were running while it was descending? Then you killed the motors (csc?) and then restarted for a safe landing? Could you even see it at 1/4 mile away and 700' AGL? Or were you using your device display only?

mine just shutdown and crash today. it was made in march... so luck that was in a safe place and didnt hurt anyone

My first Mavic crashed in February (built Nov 2016) but due to wind and stupidity. Second Mavic (still flying) Feb 24th and third Mavic (@ home) also pre-March.
Just noticed in my DJI GO4 that one Mavic was mentioned double and is now removed, including the digital footprint (Holland)
No issues with my firmware/Apps. Except for the .500

3ab9190fee2300ee2a4ae4004d8a3e5f.jpg

I'm worried now, just checked the manufacture date of mine, 21st March :S

Took also a screenshot of my AirData that tells the whole story. Most flights here are Autopilot Waypoint missions. And some Maps Made Easy flying. All included in this data but not in DJI GO4

47e35df51a592e1aace9b1888c6e90f3.jpg

Yes mine fell from the sky, born on March 13th. I posted a message a few days ago with complete details.

My Mavic was made on 3/16/17. So far it has been flawless. In 3 weeks of ownership, 15 hours of flight time, 819,000ft flown, 100 flights. Not an issue. Hope it stays that way.

38 hours
2,493,438 ft,
186 flights

no issues
but also never crashed

201a771804c23a357ed0610bf0e94488.jpg

Only had one problem, during a RTH, at 30M above landing point it went into ATTI mode, it was showing 20 satellites, I had to manually try and fight some wind to land it, during the descent it was as though it had a mind of its own.

Survived the landing.

Wake up call. It may try and bite you when you least expect it. Flew again with no problems.

Both my crashes had not so much to do with me (both flying Autopilot) but it happened. Have also an issue with my X5S gimbal and might to replace the Inspire 2 complete. But that is a warranty issue and not due to my flying. Must say that I have more then double the flying distance but as said, done in Autopilot and without GO4.

115f8f13a68621b4f726b8966cc78b09.jpg

a4a278e50f183f49dfa91866f6c9c74b.jpg

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. My Mavic fell out of the sky a few weeks ago. I checked the. manufacture date--it was made July 17, 2017. I had my Mavic for about 2 weeks. It worked perfectly. The day of the incident, I was showing it to a friend. It was a clear day (no wind) and I was flying in an open area. I was running the latest firmware and had a fully charged battery. I took off, hovered at about 5 feet for a few seconds, then ascended to about 30'. I was hovering in place as I was showing my friend the display. I attempted to re-position the camera when all of the sudden the drone just shut off and fell out of the sky like a brick and landed on the concrete. It was dead on impact. I sent it to DJI and uploaded the flight log. They repaired it under warranty but never addressed the sudden shut off issue. The drone is on its way back so I haven't had a chance to fly it, but I'm not thrilled. How am I supposed to fly again with any degree of confidence that it won't just shut off again? I'm pretty disappointed overall. I wish they had just replaced the drone entirely with a new unit as opposed to repairing it.

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. My Mavic fell out of the sky a few weeks ago. I checked the. manufacture date--it was made July 17, 2017. I had my Mavic for about 2 weeks. It worked perfectly. The day of the incident, I was showing it to a friend. It was a clear day (no wind) and I was flying in an open area. I was running the latest firmware and had a fully charged battery. I took off, hovered at about 5 feet for a few seconds, then ascended to about 30'. I was hovering in place as I was showing my friend the display. I attempted to re-position the camera when all of the sudden the drone just shut off and fell out of the sky like a brick and landed on the concrete. It was dead on impact. I sent it to DJI and uploaded the flight log. They repaired it under warranty but never addressed the sudden shut off issue. The drone is on its way back so I haven't had a chance to fly it, but I'm not thrilled. How am I supposed to fly again with any degree of confidence that it won't just shut off again? I'm pretty disappointed overall. I wish they had just replaced the drone entirely with a new unit as opposed to repairing it.

Are you sure they repaired it? In almost every case DJI sends out a different unit than the one you sent in. Sometimes it's a factory refurbished unit and sometimes a brand new unit.

As for it falling out of the sky, that is typically due to the battery not being clipped in properly. It shakes loose and momentarily loses contact and the drone shuts down.
I would not worry about it happening again, just make sure you the battery snaps properly into place every time you install it.

Rob

Reactions: Former Member
My X5S Camera was replaced for a brand new one (have not used it yet).
Mavic fell out of the sky last week (215 meters) most likely a broken propellor
Further.... no wahala, fly every day, Autopilot is very stable, Firm ware is stable... no issues

Attachments

• IMG_94D9201CC431-1.jpeg
    IMG_94D9201CC431-1.jpeg
    880.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_C8A0C6233B69-1.jpeg
    IMG_C8A0C6233B69-1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 65
Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics