DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor battery life.

MavicproLarry

Reactions
Yes I am looking to buy a new mp and I have been hearing that the battery has been charged 16 times the batteries are dieing. Is this true? Can anyone give me some feedback about this Please?

Yes I am looking to buy a new mp and I have been hearing that the battery has been charged 16 times the batteries are dieing. Is this true? Can anyone give me some feedback about this Please?
I haven't heard that one yet. I have two batteries with between 35 and 45 charges on them, still going strong without a problem. If you look up the Mavic Odometers post I think there are some with at least 150 cycles without an issue. Hope this helps! Happy flying. -CF

Been using my 5 batteries since March every single weekend and I don't know how many times I cycled them @ this point coz I never check......I'm still getting the same flight time I'm getting since then on all of them.

I think that was when the person let his batter die before charging it. There have been pretty good reliable batteries. And you can check their health thru the GO4 app, which I do every few runs. I have 24 and 25 charges on mine that are 5 months old. BTW, the batters are only has a 6 month warranty, where as the MP has a 12 month warranty.

Had my three almost a year and they all work just fine.

My batteries are doing just fine too. If they are cared for properly, they should last well beyond 16 charges.

They should last at least 200 full cycles if they're taken care of. (I believe seeing this figure 200 either from DJI rep in their forum, or somewhere else on their site.)

What, in your opinion, is the best way to care for these batteries?

I've read that discharging to no more than 20% is best and doing a "deep cycle charge" every dozen flights or so.
A deep cycle is done by discharging to around 8% then charging fully.
Also, allow your batteries to cool to room temperature after flying before charging.

What, in your opinion, is the best way to care for these batteries?
Do these things:
  • Don't charge the batteries unless you're going to fly
  • When not using them, store the batteries like this
  • Don't store/use the batteries in extreme heat/cold

I've read that discharging to no more than 20% is best and doing a "deep cycle charge" every dozen flights or so
I've read about people doing this too, but I've never read anything that proved this was beneficial for DJI Mavic batteries.

I've read about people doing this too, but I've never read anything that proved this was beneficial for DJI Mavic batteries.

Yeah, I did wonder about the deep cycle thing. We're always told not to discharge a lipo too deeply and 8% seems a bit on the low side.

I've charged mine 72 times and keep them at 40% storage and the life of the battery is still good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak